Leave call in queue and make outgoing call instead.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jed, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jed

jed New Member

Hi All !

We are running 3CX v12.5 on Yealink T48G phones, and have gotten a request from a customer I simply cannot get to work.

Phone "A" is part of QUEUE "1" "2" and "3" and recieves a call in Queue "1", Phone "A" does not want to recieve this call right now, but let the call linger in the queue, instead Phone "A" wants to make a call outbound before answering the call.

If I press reject on the phone, I loose the call completely and cannot get it back on Phone "A".

I have tried to make "BLF-buttons" for the queue and tried to answer the call by picking up the call from the queue, but this only adds the phone to the queue, instead of picking up the call. I can see the call is in the queue on the "BLF-Button", but I cannot pick it up with the button.

What I would like to do is to make a button og dial-code to pick up a call from a queue.
    The call should not automatically go to the phone, I want to choose when I want to recieve the call waiting in the queue and perhaps make an outbound call before answering the call in the queue.

Is this even possible ? :?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jasit

jasit New Member

I would check the settings on the phone, and I think you might be able to use the reject button if you have the call forward set back to the queue. but if it goes back into the queue this way, I think it moves them to the bottom of the list.

do you have the phones setup with multiple line buttons? they should just be able to press their 2nd one.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you sort of answered your own question.

When in the "Q", the call is owned by the system. You have told the system that you want the call to be directed to an available agent according to the strategy you employed. It knows nothing else other than this and will, upon the conditions being met, route the call to the appropriate extension/agent. The agent has no clue as to when or from who the next call will be until such time as it is already ringing. At this point, you only have two choices - answer (to include a disconnect/reject) or allow it to ring until the timeout occurs.

If the agent wanted to make a call, then they either could set their extension to DND or log out of the Q. This of, course, will simply route the call to the next available agent (assuming there is one). Setting the phone to DND is most likely the better option as I I assume the possibility exists that there is only one agent. At least this way the caller will stay in the Q until the agent goes off of DND (while making the call) or the timeouts come into play.

I do not think there is a way to set up a code to "pick" a call out of the Q. The Q is a system owned extension, not a user extension. Depending on the ring strategies, this could cause issues on how subsequent calls get handled.

As I indicated, given your scenario, setting the phone to DND may be the better choice and particularly so if there is only one agent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.