LED indicator when a button is pressed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dynatech1, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dynatech1

I have the following situation and hopefully you people can help me to solve the issues.

One client has a running 3CX PBX with Aastra 57i phones. The basic is working but the customer wants some specific thing i can't set up without help.

Nr 1 - Transfering incoming calls to an mobile phonenumber with 1 press of a button
    Several Aastra57i phones has an expansion module and he wants to press one of those buttons to forward all incoming calls to the pre-configured mobile phonenumber on that button.

As far as i know, this is not possible with 3CX and thats the reason i am using a Hosted VoIP account wich use dialcodes and solved this issue outside 3CX.

But then coming to Nr 2.....

Nr 2 - Some indicator to wich mobile phonenumber it is transfered
    He wants to see in some way to wich phonenumber all the calls are forwarded too. So is it possible to turn on the red light indicator when a button is pressed? Or can this been solved by using somekind of software or script?

Nr 3 - When a call is transfered, play a sound
    Is it possible when someone is transfering a phonecall that when the person who started the transfer hangs up the phone, some kind of sound is played?

Because people on the other hand are waiting for some acknowledgement, but they already got the customer on the line.

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Yes this is possible with BLF settings. Custom Speed dial. set mobile number and you are done.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dynatech1

How can use the BLF settings for this? Or Custom Speed dial?

I think you didn't understand my point or i am missing a big part of the information.

I don't need the general BLF settings when user receives an incoming call.

I want to have an indicator to see wich button is pressed / to wich person all the incoming calls are transfered to.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I will jump in as Nate is probably busy.

If you go to the Phone Provisioning for the extension then the BLF settings has a type. You can choose from standard BLF to Speed dials (to other extensions) or Custom Speed Dial (to external numbers), Shared PArking, Login/out or Change profiles.

It is a very useful feature. For this feature alone we now have a higher demand for the Grandstream GXP2100 (as it has 7 BLF keys) than what used to be our most popular basic phone of the GXP1450 (no blf keys).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.