Legal Size Faxes Truncated

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DavidTatro, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidTatro

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with Legal Size Faxes being truncated. We use the built in 3CX fax server to receive emails which are then forwarded to an email address. For standard letter size faxes it works perfectly.

My problem is that we have a large corporate customer who sends us important legal size documents via fax from their service center in another country and these legal size documents are being truncated to letter size. I have tried to send legal size tests from the online fax services we use, but these services all wonderfully reduce to letter size before sending, so I am unable tell if the problem is in the 3CX Fax Server or with the sender. As the sender is a large service center, I would assume they would have long ago fixed this if their system was the problem - but who knows.

My question is does anyone know if there is a limitation on what page sizes the 3CX fax server can receive? Is there a tweak somewhere that can be adjusted to not truncate pages or to reduce over-sized faxes to letter?

2. DavidTatro

Update:
    I was able to send a legal size fax from an old analog fax machine we have over a single POTS line we have and 3CX processed it fine. This has to be a sender issue.

Moving on.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The senders equipment may be making the assumption that the receiver only has one size (letter) of paper. This may be because the majority of plain paper faxes use only one size of paper, unlike the old days of the continuous roll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.