• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

let 3CX reply with 401 instead of 407 at register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinSavelsberg

Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to let the 3CX reply with 401 instead of 407 after the first register attempt from a UA?
The UA is an Ericsson SIP-gateway that only accepts 401 as reply.

Thanks in advance.

From what I've come across, 401 should be returned by the device that terminates the request, the Registrar Server or User Agent Server (UAS). While 407, should be returned by an intermediary proxy, to challenge a request to authenticate, before they forward it to the destination server. So..3CX being a server, I would have expected it to reply with a 401. I'm assuming you've found that to not be the case?

Indeed, 3CX replies with 407. However 401 as reply by 3CX is expected and requested in this case. Ericsson softswitch that tries to register on the 3CX accepts only a 401 as a reply.

It sounds like it requires an explanation from someone at 3CX, as something does not sound "right". I'm assuming that both devices are on the same network, and that no Proxy is involved.

Indeed, no proxy in between. But the devices are on different network. This should not be a problem.

I'm wondering, if the fact that the gateway is on a different network,and because of that, an assumption that there is a proxy in-between, is the cause for a different response, from 3CX.
Did you ever try using the Ericsson, on the same network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.