Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Let non-Admin turn off out of office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imabev, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imabev

On our 3CX system, we have several different locations configured as their own VOIP providers. One of these locations has office hours set. It plays a different Auto Attendant during office hours than it does out of office hours. Sometimes we have situations where out of office needs to be turned off (sometimes in the middle of the night). As of right now, the only way I know how to do this is have the admin (me) change the office hours so the phone can be answered.

Is there any way to allow the end-user (non admin) to change office hours? Maybe there's just a better way to set this up...?

2. nictwo2269

If you go into settings > Advanced > Dial Codes. There is an option for Emergency Code - Force 3CX phone system in to IN or OUT of Office. If you set a star code there for instance *72 and apply it. When you dial *721 it puts it in IN office mode *722 sets it in OUT of office mode. Then dialing *72 and letting it ring through sets it back to timer mode.

Let me know if this helps please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. imabev

Great info, thanks Nicholas. Will this switch ALL phones from out of office? I have 5 locations setup as different voip providers. I only want ONE of the locations to be changed from out of office.

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

Using the code will place the entire 3cx system to in/out of office. When you say you have 5 locations setup as different voip providers, are all of the locations using the same 3cx system, you just have multiple voip providers configured?

How are you routing your calls? You could setup a dummy extension and on that extension configure the extension to forward to a ring group or what ever. You could then log into that extension with myphone to change the call flow when needed without putting the whole system in out of office.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. imabev

Correct. All locations use the same 3CX system and each location has their own voip provider/proxy account/DID.

I had to read that a few times to get it...I think what I need to do:

-In the admin console from the VOIP provider for this office, set all calls to forward the dummy extension. *always*
    (the dummy extension is the first route from the voip provider and now controls the call flow)
    -When the dummy extension is 'available', set all calls go to their 'in-office' ivr.
    -When the dummy extension is set to 'away', set all calls will go to the 'out of office' ivr
    -I can set that extension to have specific office hours so that office will not have to switch from 'in' to 'out' on a regular basis.
    -If for some reason they need to switch from in to out or out to in, setting the status (available/away) will override any of the other rules?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.