Let's Encrypt - Streamlined?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob Denny, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

I read 3CX in Cooperation with Certificate Authority Let’s Encrypt, in which it says
    I have combed the Version 15.5 Administration Manual (which can't be searched :-(( ) and can't find anything on this. I did click on the "For more information click here" in the admin UI Security Settings, Secure SIP tab, and got to How to Configure Secure SIP – TLS but that shows how to use SimpleCA to create a bogus cert. I am interested in using Let's Encrypt. Where is the "streamlined process" info? Did I miss it during the PBX Express process maybe? Is it available after the fact (I used PBX Express on Google Cloud). I am a 3CX Professional licensee.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Unfortunately the LE integration is strictly for the web interface. It has nothing to do with SIP-TLS although it certainly should have with the original marketing language touting 3CX as the 'most secure'. I'm hoping the LE integration will be extended to support SIP-TLS

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

let me ensure you that we are on it to re-use it for TLS also... but there us much work attached to it. So dont expect this tomorrow...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cobaltit likes this.
  4. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Ah, OK. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I definitely understand the work involved. At present, it appears that 3CX requires a cert with the common name set to the "inside" IP address of the switch. No CA will issue certs for an IP address.

5. Sopock

Sopock Member

https://www.3cx.com/docs/secure-sip/#h.a85adzue8m6w
    I also wonder how we can import certificate in Windows client when there is no such button?:confused:

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sp3 will have it inbuilt.
    If you want pm me and I give you a test build. You will install and find out that when you setup 3CX, the lets encrypt certs will be used for TLS..

poynter.net likes this.
  7. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

This is welcome news!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.