Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

LIC_ERR_MT_LICENSE_IS_IN_USE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jholcombe, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jholcombe

Hello, I've installed a small 3CX test system for a possible future deployment. I'm using the demo license key. Recently the server hardware malfunctioned so I tried moving the drives to another server with identical hardware. The 3CX phone system appears to have lost its license information. However, when I try to re-activate using the demo key, I get the error message: Unexpected error: LIC_ERR_MT_LICENSE_IS_IN_USE.

Is it possible to just move the drives to replacement hardware, or do you have to do a backup / restore? Disaster recovery would be much faster if you could just move the drives to new server hardware (assuming the disaster is not with the drives). Is there any way to resolve this error so my test system will function in the two-call demo mode, or do I need to move the hard drives back to the old hardware, or do I need to start over, or something else?

Thank you!,

--John

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but it may have to do with the MAC address of the NICs in each machine being different (there may be other differences that 3CX "sees" as well). Normally a backup, would be restored, to a fresh install, on the new machine

3. jholcombe

I used the 3CX backup / restore utility on the new server hardware to back up 3CX. I then uninstalled 3CX and re-installed 3CX, restoring the backup when prompted. Once I did this, 3CX was willing to accept the demo key. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.