• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Licence activation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

philosoma

Reaction score
Hello!

I have recently got a licence for a VoIP system on an isolated network. I briefly connected it to a limited wifi connection to update the services packs. Now at v9 service pack 5 with the security update.

It however will not connect to the licence server to activate. No doubt the wifi, as it is restricted to port 80 and 443 only. I can see the HTTPS page it is trying to connect to fine. I dare say it is trying to access another port?

Anyway, I dragged to server to an unrestricted internet sat link. It registered fine. I drag the thing back and wire it all up in the racking. Still activated. My day was looking better. I then had a problem connecting back to the network. I had to delete and recreate the teaming settings. After the resetting the server it was back to the free version.

First line of the server log says licence not found. While their was a licence file in licence folder, after doing a backup and restore it has since disappeared.

If I activate it again, how do I make sure it is going to stay activated? Does the backup also backup the licence/activation?

I have read older posts about adding the ASP.NET user account to power users group, but I have no such user.

Thank you for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.