Licence Key for 3CX Phone System 2 SC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by marcusjclifford, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcusjclifford

Hi,
    I've been a long time 3CX user, but run 3CX in a domestic situation where I will never need more than two simultaneous calls.
    I therefore have previously used the 3CX "free" version which met my needs.

However, this morning I wanted to upgrade to v14 SP1 (from V14) but it seems that this is not possible as I am using the free version.

Therefore I would like to "buy" the version "3CX Phone System 2 SC" which is listed on the http://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/ page.

The cost for this is "Free".

Would "buying" this edition allow me to upgrade to service packs as they are released, and how would I go about buying this and therefore getting a valid licence key?

Thanks in advance,
    Marcus

2. simonjh88

I can only assume that the best way to go about this would be to take a backup, remove your V14 version and then download and install the latest version (now SP2) and restore your backup.

Give that a go.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

And if going from 3CX version 11, you must back that up, install version 12, restore the version 11 backup, backup again, then install version 14 then restore the version 12 backup. Then apply the version 14 demo key.

Keep in mind that version 14 assumes (insists) that you have a static IP, version 12.5 isn't quite so fussy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.