licence limit announcment on inbound call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wizmo, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizmo

I'm trying out the demo version of 3CX v12 with a Vitelity service for our office

I need the PBX to ignore, reject, or respond busy to inbound calls if the license limit is reached so that inbound call falls back to a back-up line. With my current setup these calls are immediately answered and the LL announcement played.
    Is this possible, or is there a work-around with the full version.

I realize that buying the right number of licences is correct answer, but ever having this announcement go out to an inbound caller is not acceptable IMO.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This complaint has come up in the past, and I would agree that outside callers don't need to be informed that you have exceeded your licence, it's none of their business, nor can they do anything about it. They should simply been given a busy tone, or a recording stating that all trunks are busy, try your call later. You might want to check the 3CX Ideas to see if this is a current feature suggestion, or submit one yourself.

3cx-ideas-f57.html

3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Change the audio file for this and you are all set.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wizmo

Thanks, I did see the LL wave file.
    In my case, I don't want the system to accept the call. This way the call gets re-routed to a back up answering service by the VOIP service.

I'll check the feature request,but may have to look at a completely different solution.

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You could have the voip provider adhere to a slightly lower SC limit so it doesn't ever exceed 3cx license limit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.