Solved License activation error after restore of a v15.5 sp1 backup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sip.bg, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sip.bg

    sip.bg Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2016
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    219
    Changing FQDN, I made a full backup of a running 3CX V15.5 SP1 system on Windows.
    After restore, during license activation I got the following error, DNS is 8.8.8.8:

    error500.png

    Can somebody advise me what to do ?
    I will try installing V15 and upgrade it, if backup from v15,5 can be restores to v15 PBX.
    At least V15 was installing on this machine without issue.
    The Windows server is 2008R2, all updated applied.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. IoannisM_3CX

    IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2017
    Messages:
    228
    Likes Received:
    17
    Hello @sip.bg,

    If i understood well, you are trying to install a 15.5V SP1 backup on a 15V PBX. If this is the case then kindly know that this cannot be done, you can't restore a newer version's backup on to an earlier version system. Also, please note that in order to change your FQDN you have to exclude your FQDN from your backup files by unselecting the "Include License Key Information & FQDN" option, and manually release your FQDN from your license key.

    Thank you
     
  3. sip.bg

    sip.bg Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2016
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    219
    What else can be done, if you uninstall a v15.5sp1 PBX and try to reinstall it with different FQDN/license key. The installation is not succeeding. Old install (v15) with consequent upgrades to v15.5 was working.

    This mechanism of changing license key / FQDN with complete uninstall and reinstall of the PBX turns to be a big issue. Probably you need to rethink it, I can't believe it can't be done on the fly into running and working configuration. May be in V16 someday.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    5,514
    Likes Received:
    361
    To change the FQDN of an installation you need to perform a backup without licence and FQDN. The un-install the system and re-install using the new FQDN. This needs to be done as the licence is bound to the FQDN during the installation process. If you wish to use the same key then you will also need to release it from the FQDN by accessing the costumer portal with the credentials provided with the key.

    What was the backup version when you performed the backup? Does it contain licence and FQDN details?
    In what version PBX are you trying to restore it to? Please let us know of some details so we are able to assist with the error.
     
  5. sip.bg

    sip.bg Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2016
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    219
    The backup is from version 15.5 sp1 on windows server 2008r2, updated, without license key and FQDN.
    After that 3CX Phone System is uninstalled, the server is rebooted. If you check with 3CX installation checker tool, it says the system is OK to install a 3CX PhoneSystem, nevertheless I'm not sure whether this tool works correctly for v15.5.

    A new install of latest distribution image (3CXPhoneSystem155.exe) is made, everything goes fine, until final next on license activation key is pressed. The license data shown is correct -- company, name, email, reseller, license key. The DNS is google's 8.8.8.8 (this is another question, why is mandatory and not documented ?). The 3CX user portal shows new FQDN is activated correctly.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    5,514
    Likes Received:
    361
    The error you are getting seems to indicate that a system IVR extension is either missing or replaced somehow by a different extension.
    Can you send me your backup in a private message so we can check why you are receiving the error? You will need to upload it to a web transferring service and send me the download link. Do not post the link here.
     
  7. sip.bg

    sip.bg Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2016
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    219
    It looks like an issue with VAD, there was a script developed for V14, obviously imported into V15 (without reporting an error, if there was such), afterwards upgraded gradually to v15.5 sp1 and giving an error now during restore. I've sent a PM with configuration.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    5,514
    Likes Received:
    361
    The issue is that the Pin Protect Ivr is missing from the backup and the number of the IVR is now a normal extension. Try to restore with the provided backup and let us know if it works
     
  9. sip.bg

    sip.bg Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2016
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    219
    Ok, tonight.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. sip.bg

    sip.bg Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2016
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    219
    Edited backup (with added PIN protect IVR system extensions) restores OK, so issue is resolved this way.

    Thanks for support.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.