Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

License Activation Failed | license_error.HttpsError / DNS Security Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by litebit, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. litebit

Hi,

I've a few questions around this issue :
    - I've installed Elastix 5 on a test machine, that test machine has normal access to the internet like all other machines in our network
    - we have a secured and strict DNS infrastructure.
    - all LAN machines have access to our internal DNS, which in its turn has amongst others, the google DNS as upstream.
    - no machine is allowed direct access to outside DNS servers

on the elastix test machine, all normal (OS level) DNS tests pass, and a check from that machine, does resolve your servers :
    (your ISO build is missing the nslookup command)
    erp.3cx.com (151.80.125.67)
    activation.3cx.com (151.80.125.88)

So the questions are :
    - why do I still get the license error?
    - why is your software forcefully trying to bypass our internal DNS servers, and try to use Google DNS ?
    -- a tcpdump seems to explain that your software only queries the google dns servers for activation.3cx.com, and when there is no answer from Google DNS, the whole process stops
    - even adding activation.3cx.com to the hostsfile with the correct IP does not work.

Can you explain why Elastix5 is behaving like this?

L.

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear litebit,

Are you using a proxy server to get online? Do you have deep packet inspection on your firewall?

If yes, you need to add on trusted list our servers (erp & activation) to avoid deep packet inspection. also you need to remove the proxy on 3cx Phone system in order our server reply your request. This necessary so ssl communication is not altered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.