Solved License Activation Failed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MVpbx, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVpbx

Getting an error: "The activation server reported multiple activations. Please activate your product from the original computer on which it was installed."
    I had problems with my server Digital Ocean blocks SMTP ports when IPv6 used. Old server turned off. New server clean 3CX install, trying to activate but getting activation error.
    There is no option to 'Deactivate' in '3CX Settings-> License' on old server.

I tried going to support.3cx.com, but it says: "Your license does not entitle you to support. You may check if support is available for your product from your license key portal."
    - really? .. i have a PRO subscription and i can't even send a simple support Q related to license from my customer.3cx.com panel?
    FQDN IP shows correct IP.

So what is the solution?

2. skRi11a

Did you do a backup of the old server and try to restore it to the new one during install?

3. MVpbx

Yes, I made full backup with License key and FQDN. Installing from the backup file.

4. skRi11a

Well, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just started using 3CX this week, myself.

5. MVpbx

Resolved. If you are moving your 3CX to another machine, and your license "The activation server reported multiple activations...", talk to your provider [3CX partner] They have direct communication with 3CX staff, they will need to reset MAC address counter for your license.

6. Sopock

Sopock Member

I guess because of this:
    For end users, 3CX Support packages are available.
    Will that counter trigger presence of multiple NICs?o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 Sopock, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.