• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

License activation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepePineda

Reaction score
I am partner that was using V14 demo version for some time, couple of days ago made the uupgrade to v15, as sugested made a backup prior to v15 setup, and restoring it during the v15 configuration. I have input the license number that was issued to partners on the v15 lanch.

Right now my v15 is with the Standard license issued to us, but with free pbx funcionalities and cant get reports, schedle backups and some other functions blocked.

Do we have to made a clean installation and reconfigure all of or 3cx?? if this the case how to get a new license activation code??

For License upgrade instructions have a look at the guide here:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/news/evaluate-v15/

At least currently, a License Key cannot be changed post-installation, you can enter the License Key only during the initial configuration.
Also as mentioned in the above blog post, if you install V15 with a PBX Edition License Key, you must not after that restore a backup that contains a different License Key. If you want, you can upgrade the PBX Edition Key to a commercial edition.

OK i got it, but this means that there is no way to upgrade because always a backup takes the license key on itself, so we got to install v15 as a new installation, and have to reconfigure all of it satratiing from zero?

You can change the licence key during the installation when restoring from a backup. try the following steps:

1) Make a Full backup of V14
2) Install V15 and one the DOS-like config window appears press '2' to restore a backup and press enter.
3) Give the path to the backup file and pres enter.
4) At this point:
-- a) If it prompts you to enter a License Key, use a V15 PBX Edition Key and proceed normally.
-- b) If it DOES NOT ask you for a License Key and skips directly to the Public IP options, at that point press ESC which will take you to the License Key step, remove them one there, enter a V15 PBX Edition Key, then proceed.

Note that if you want to use an NFR key you will have to make sure that it is not bind with a different FQDN. If you used it for a different installation it will not work.

Try these steps and let us know

I did it as you told, I have selected the restore at trhe begining of the DOS like window, and it asks me at the end for the new License Key, despite this my installation has the new Standard license key, bt the function are reduced to free version

PepePineda said:
I am partner that was using V14 demo version for some time
maybe this is cause of confusion :S

Will there be a demo license to evaluate the Pro features as in previous versions?

> No, the Free PBX edition offers enough to evaluate 3CX

The issue is that free version doesnt have reports, backups, and some other

Well I wish I had read this thread before I came in on Saturday to upgrade 3CX from v14 to v15 and move it to a new server.

You can't just load v15 on the new server and restore from the v14 backup. It says the license is in use by another MAC (even though I'd changed the v14 install to eval license). So I put the eval key into v15 and then find I can't change it.

I was three hours in by then and decided to roll back.

I guess I'll have to upgrade in place and then move the server.

It's a lot of pain to go through for not much benefit. It appears to have been a poor decision for me to upgrade four of my branches to v15 immediately it was released. It wasted a lot of time.

On the plus side, most of my users are on the v14 server, and it's really quick to get stuff done in v14. I can see 36 extensions on the Extensions page of the management console. In v15 I can only see 12.

That would be a really good thing to fix in SP2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.