• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

license limit reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwcusa

Reaction score
hello. my company phones are saying that the license limit has been exceeded. does anyone know how we can fix this problem??

Ummm....purchase a larger licence?

We purchased license for 8 callers at a time.
But at that point we got the message like
'Number of simultaneous calls covered by current licesnse has been exceeded.",
only 1 or 2 people were using their phones.
Any ideas about it?
Thank you.

The 3CX log, when this is happening, may indicate why it thinks that there are more than 8 concurrent calls.

It just shows like
[CM101006] Lisense Limit : Number of simultaneous calls....

And there are some other logs like
Active calls counted toward license limit :[10278,....]

One more fact that I got found on the system is this.
Under the Ports/Truncs Status, there are some yello colored status icons like "Dialing" which is not being used anymore.
So I tried to "disconnect call" by pushing the button, but it give me an error message like
"An exception occurred Extstatus Error".

I guess the problem of license limt would be resolved by disconnecting the yellow-colored unused call. isn't it?
Can someone let me know how to disconnect the calls?

If you unplug (power down) the sets in question and then power back up, they should re-register. They should then show as idle. You may need to re-check the log, at intervals,to see what is happening to cause 3CX to believe that the extensions are in an active state. I'm assuming that these sets can't make or receive calls when they are in this state? Have you re-booted the PC running 3CX? It could have a memory problem caused by the system running for an extended period (months) with no restart, depending on your operating system.

I restarted the 3cx server(windows 7 server).
Some of yellow 'Dialing' icon's disappeared, but some are still remained.
I want to disconnect(remove) that calls.

Unless there is some sort of software corruption...if you were to re-boot the PC to restart 3CX and then power up each set in question. you should see a log showing the sets registering AND, then ,any activity that would indicate why 3CX thinks that the set is on an active call.

If a number of sets are showing that they are active when they shouldn't be then just concentrate on one of them, just leave the others powered down. What you want to discover is if there is an action being taken by the set itself, or if it is just happening with no log whatsoever. If that is the case then my first suspicion (and I may be wrong) would be some sort of corruption, because that isn't normal behavior.

Can you send me a screenshot of the Yellow components (the ones that are still showing a call)

Do you have a PSTN gateway by any chance? When I am thinking is that the disconnect tone was not recognized properly by the PSTN gateway (assuming you have one) and therefore it remains connected at Gateway level.

When you restart the machine, all the calls, cache and persistent storage is cleared. This means that this forces cleanup of everything. (You can restart the configuration service to clean up the machine instead of restarting the server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.