Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

License not working... v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joshuao3, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshuao3

I bought a Standard License for 8 lines. All was working well until I ran the Firewall checker. Suddenly one of my trunks shut down. When I decided to delete and re-add the offline trunk, v15 says I'm on the PBX edition instead of standard. And, some of my phones are acting CRAZY! What the heck! How do I fix this?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

ensure all services are running correctly. antivirus not actively scanning... reboot?

what do you mean your phones are acting CRAZY?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. joshuao3

Yes, restarted the PBX, rebooted the host machine, rebooted the phones, factory reset the phones...

1. Phones are acting like they are having STUN traversal issues. They can't receive inbound calls.
    2. I call one extension, a different extension rings
    3. I press the offhook button and get no audio. I hang it up, then 2 minutes later it goes offhook on its own and I have to unplug it to make it stop.
    4. When I call some lines from other lines it take 15 seconds to start ringing, it'll ring once, then the caller show a 480 error. Then the next time it rings right away.

I turned the CMlog level all the way to 6 and am using the 3CX log reader to examine the bldef file. I don't see anything in there that's useful at explaining what's going on.

Backwards land. It all seemed to start when I ran the firewall check from the dashboard. The worst part is my license seems to be nuked and I don't know how to fix it. Am I going to be forced to reinstall?

4. joshuao3

Screenshot from Dashboard:
    upload_2017-4-1_10-32-20.png

Screenshot from Log:
    upload_2017-4-1_10-33-39.png

I have a standard license with 8 calls, yet a third simultaneous call is being rejected.
    Can anybody help me understand what it going on? This is a fresh install! And yes, I've restarted the service, rebooted the machine.

5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Have you tried re-entering your licence?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. joshuao3

I would happily do that, but I don't see how to do that. The license key field on the "License Setting" interface is grayed out. Perhaps there is another way to re-enter it?

7. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

it's grayed out, but does it contain your licence that you paid for ?
    does the firewall checker pass ?

8. joshuao3

Yes, it does. And yes the firewall checker passed.

9. joshuao3

Is it possible that the 3cx instance could not validate the license, so it was downgraded? Would that show up in the log? If so, what should I search for?

10. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yes it could be. I'd contact your 3cx distributor to have them check that all is well, AND/OR, submit a support ticket with 3cx (like right away).
    Not sure about log entries.

11. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Click on license and and then press edit and OK. That should force your PBX to re-activate your license. Let us know if that worked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.