License Problem after Update from V14 Sp3

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wtrbhe, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtrbhe

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2015
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Today I tried to update our pbx to v15. Made a backup of V14, removed it, removed IIS, applied all win updates, installed V15 using backup-config, logged in to console. Run thru the "config wizzard", which at last step won't except my (end-user-)license.
    An error message with "internal server error 500" followed by "license activation failed - license_error" occured. All license infos were read from backup and looks right.

    What can I do to get V15 running?
     
  2. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    6,444
    Likes Received:
    463
    Open a cmd and perform an nslookup command for downloads.3cx.com and erp.3cx.com and see if you can resolve to our servers.
    Also try replacing your DNS server settings on the PBX machine and use 8.8.8.8 for your primary DNS
    After changing the DNS perform a ipconfig /flushdns.

    Also perform all windows updates, restart the machine and perform the setup again.
     
  3. wtrbhe

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2015
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Yiannis,

    they resolve to
    - 151.80.125.73 (downloads.3cx.com)
    - 151.80.125.67 (erp.3cx.com)
    Normaly our pbx is only allowed to use http & https to reach these tow hosts, but for testing, i've opened all ports for pbx. Both servers won't answer on ping.

    Windows (2012) is up-to-date, after reboot next try with same result.
     
  4. wtrbhe

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2015
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Problem has gone in V15.1, running on this version now.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.