License Reactivation Required Every Month?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kraichle, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraichle

This is the second time I've needed to reactivate my license since the 18th of Dec 2016 when I first purchased it.

I logged on today and got a message to active a license to enable new features not available on a demo version. Yesterday was fine, but today just happens to be the first of a new month. I didn't pay close attention to the exact day it happened last month as it could have been the 1st of Jan, but I may not have logged on that exact day. I noticed it the 5th when people in the office complained of not being able to do conf calls.

Any idea why it's happening? I'm willing to place a bet it happens again the first of next month too, ha ha.

Thanks,

Kurt

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kraichle

License does not require re-activation every month. Do you have a static MAC or does you MAC change? Also do you have multiple nic's on the server?

3. kraichle

I have 3CX on a virtual server in the cloud. I contacted the host and they claim the MAC address doesn't change. I recorded it and I'll validate it doesn't in the future.

There is also a VPN link from the 3CX server to the office. 3CX Server is the VPN client and the office router is the VPN server. I don't have the VPN link up all the time. Could 3CX have pull a MAC address off the VPN while it was up to tie the license too?

Is there a way to see which MAC address the license is tied too?

Thanks

Kurt

4. Sopock

Sopock Member

:confused:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/free-edition/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.