Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

License Reactivation Required Every Month?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kraichle, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraichle

This is the second time I've needed to reactivate my license since the 18th of Dec 2016 when I first purchased it.

I logged on today and got a message to active a license to enable new features not available on a demo version. Yesterday was fine, but today just happens to be the first of a new month. I didn't pay close attention to the exact day it happened last month as it could have been the 1st of Jan, but I may not have logged on that exact day. I noticed it the 5th when people in the office complained of not being able to do conf calls.

Any idea why it's happening? I'm willing to place a bet it happens again the first of next month too, ha ha.

Thanks,

Kurt

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kraichle

License does not require re-activation every month. Do you have a static MAC or does you MAC change? Also do you have multiple nic's on the server?

3. kraichle

I have 3CX on a virtual server in the cloud. I contacted the host and they claim the MAC address doesn't change. I recorded it and I'll validate it doesn't in the future.

There is also a VPN link from the 3CX server to the office. 3CX Server is the VPN client and the office router is the VPN server. I don't have the VPN link up all the time. Could 3CX have pull a MAC address off the VPN while it was up to tie the license too?

Is there a way to see which MAC address the license is tied too?

Thanks

Kurt

4. Sopock

Sopock Member

:confused:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/free-edition/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.