License registration failure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MatsW, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatsW

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2009
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have installed 3CX Server 7.0.4708.0 on a fresh installed XP Pro SP3 attached to a domain (no other apps installed). I have then bought a 3CXPSMINI license, and when I enter the licensecode it is decoded correcly. But when I restart the server the license is gone and it is reset to FREE, and in the beginning of the log is the following message:
    [CM501010]: License Info: Load failed

    Does anyone have a clue why this really fundamental feature works?
     
  2. discovery1

    discovery1 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2008
    Messages:
    355
    Likes Received:
    0
    Make sure the ASP.NET account is a member of the Power Users group and try activating the license key again.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. discovery1

    discovery1 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2008
    Messages:
    355
    Likes Received:
    0
    4744 is the latest build for v7.0 - make sure you have installed it first.

    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem7.exe
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MatsW

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2009
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    0
    Actually, when I look at the current installation installer 3CXPhoneSystem7.exe and the login dialog box, then I see that the version is 7.0.4744.0. But the log says that's it's version 7.0.4708.0

    10:51:53.694 [CM501006]: Default Local IP address: [192.168.100.23]
    10:51:53.319 [CM501007]: *** Started Calls Controller thread ***
    10:51:53.319 [CM501002]: Version: 7.0.4708.0
    10:51:53.319 [CM501001]: Start 3CX PhoneSystem Call Manager
    10:51:51.897 Unknown system [DBProvider] tries to connect!
    10:51:51.507 [CM501010]: License Info: Load Failed

    I also still get the same message even if I change group membership of user ASPNET to PowerUser.
     
  5. discovery1

    discovery1 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2008
    Messages:
    355
    Likes Received:
    0
    Have you restarted the IIS Admin service and the 3CX services after adding the permissions to the ASP.NET account?
    Restart them and try to activate again.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MatsW

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2009
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    0
    Upgrading to v7.1.6064 and changing ASPNET group membership to PowerUser solves license load.

    But changing ASP.NET group membership is really a questionable solution, as it imposes a security risk as any web-application gets unlimited rights to system sw. There is a reason why ASPNET default group membership is Users, and there is no reason why 3CX should require these extended rights to work. The most likely reason why these rights are required is that 3CX stores runtime data in C:\%ProgramFiles%\3CX PhoneSystem where Users desn't have write access.

    This is a 3CX design flaw, as application runtime common data should be stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\3CX ... where all users have read and write access.
     
  7. Banana Jack

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    0
    This problem affected me too - I had to add ASP.NET to the Power Users group, then finally the licence information was retained. Thanks for the solution.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.