• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

License status = license_error

Status
Not open for further replies.

heusd045

Reaction score
Hello, we have moved the VM with our (free) 3CX PBX to another host. When we look now at License Settings we see License status = license_error. How can we fix this?

I've read something about changing the MAC-address to the old address but this is unfortunately not possible.

Thanks you

Hello @heusd045

How did you move the VM? Did you perform a re-install? Did the local IP change during the move? Can you reach the activation.3cx.com and
erp.3cx.com from the new host by performing an nslookup?

Hello, we moved the VMWare VM to another host. We didn't reinstall 3CX. The local IP did change during the move.

...>nslookup activation.3cx.com
Server: smtp.hbl14.nl
Address: 192.168.2.13

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: activation.3cx.com
Address: 151.80.125.88

...>nslookup erp.3cx.com
Server: smtp.hbl14.nl
Address: 192.168.2.13

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: erp.3cx.com
Address: 151.80.125.67

In that case you will need to re-install the PBX since the local IP of the PBX has changed. You need to perform a backup without including licence and FQDN and save the backup to a non 3CX location.
Then un-install the system.
Re-install using the backup you created and fill in the licence key and the new local IP address.
If you get a licence error during the installation please send me your key in a private message so i can check if there is an issue with the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Basem Askar
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.