Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

License trade in

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daktur, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi all,

I have just received the notification to renew my maintenance and I saw the option to trade in the perpetual license for the yearly one.

How exactly it works?

Thanks in advance.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @daktur

You can trade you perpetual licence with expired maintenance and get an annual key of the same version and sim calls and one year free maintenance from the moment you make the conversion.
    Even if your maintenance expired 30 days ago you will get maintenance for a year starting from the day of the conversion.
    For more info you can contact a 3CX partner : https://www.3cx.com/ordering/find-reseller/
    or call your regional sales representative: https://www.3cx.com/company/contact/

3. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Why not keep the license and just get another yearly lease?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. daktur

daktur New Member

@jimbo59 you mean do not renew the maintenance and buy an yearly one? It doesn't make sense in my opinion... what are the benefits? Depending on each business model, one or the other are suitable.

Maybe someone has a different experience...

@YiannisH_3CX , what if the maintenance is still valid? Is the a program to revert the trade in if needed?

Thanks all for the help

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Technically you can still do it if the maintenance is valid but if you have a perpetual key and valid maintenance why would you?

This is something i am not aware so you will need to speak to sales as to what your options are.

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No, this offer is only in one direction and only applies for perpetual license keys. In the moment of the trade in you will granted directly 1 year.

No, I think jimbo59 was referring to extending the maintenance on your existing license key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. daktur

daktur New Member

@StefanW,

The maintenance price is almost at the same level of the yearly maintenance.

This is the 5th year I renew my perpetual license maintenance but now maybe the flexibility offered by the annual license is more suitable for my business since acquiring the perpetual license has a better cost benefit but until I reach my ideal license size I think it makes more sense to spend a little more money every year.

I hope to reach 1024 SC in the next 2 years...

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.