• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

License use inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsteffens

Reaction score
I am running into road blocks. I deal with small businesses and many of them have 4 or less lines. My question lies around license use or "channel use" more specifically.

My understanding of licenses is that 4SC means 4 ongoing calls. Those calls can be external, internal, to voicemail, etc.

One use I do not understand is picking a call up from the parking lot. So say I park a call on SP0. One license gets used. Now when I go to pickup that call from the BLF for a brief 5 seconds or so 2 licenses get used. This makes it so having two parking spaces could in essence use all of the 4SC license.

Can this possibly be changed?

I tend to think a little differently. I think that your example is actually one call. When the call was parked, there was still a connection to the system, so it still remained as a single call; no real difference than the call being in an IVR, voice mail, etc.. Then when taken out of park, it was still connected to a single end point..the other extension that was used to retrieve it.

A call that comes into the system and due to a rule is subsequently forwarded to an outside number is an example of 2 calls. The system counted the inbound call as one and because it had to initiate and maintain the outward call to its secondary location, this leg also counts as a call.

Sounds to me like we are on the same page. Picking up a call from park should only count as 1 license usage as it is just connecting two endpoints together. Just like an intercom between two phones only counts as 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.