Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

License use inquiry

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsteffens, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsteffens

I am running into road blocks. I deal with small businesses and many of them have 4 or less lines. My question lies around license use or "channel use" more specifically.

My understanding of licenses is that 4SC means 4 ongoing calls. Those calls can be external, internal, to voicemail, etc.

One use I do not understand is picking a call up from the parking lot. So say I park a call on SP0. One license gets used. Now when I go to pickup that call from the BLF for a brief 5 seconds or so 2 licenses get used. This makes it so having two parking spaces could in essence use all of the 4SC license.

Can this possibly be changed?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I tend to think a little differently. I think that your example is actually one call. When the call was parked, there was still a connection to the system, so it still remained as a single call; no real difference than the call being in an IVR, voice mail, etc.. Then when taken out of park, it was still connected to a single end point..the other extension that was used to retrieve it.

A call that comes into the system and due to a rule is subsequently forwarded to an outside number is an example of 2 calls. The system counted the inbound call as one and because it had to initiate and maintain the outward call to its secondary location, this leg also counts as a call.

3. tsteffens

Sounds to me like we are on the same page. Picking up a call from park should only count as 1 license usage as it is just connecting two endpoints together. Just like an intercom between two phones only counts as 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.