Limit\block outgoing calls to phone book or speed dial

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Spaski, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaski

Hi

I have been reading everywhere, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for....(the song in my head now)

Is is possible to limit\block outgoing calls for certain extensions, so that they can just call numbers on the phone book or a speed dial?

Reason
    In the factory, the workers must be able to phone about 50 different numbers, but no personal calls etc.(number must be approved)
    and in the office most workers can phone as they please, we just check them on reports.
    but in the factory there is about 300 people who has access to the phone, so you can't ask who used the phone.

Regards en dankie
    Spaski

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not aware of such features as you have suggested -

What you could do, albeit labor intensive, is to put the factory phones into a group of extensions and then formulate the outbound rules so that only the phones within that extension group can only get an outbound call established if the number being dialed meets the rule. This means you would have to develop 50+ rules unless there is some commonality that you can key upon that allows you to cover more than one number in a single rule. The downside is that only calls to the numbers in the rules would be facilitated; all other outbound calls would be blocked.......unless they too had a rule.

You could also consider putting a PIN to the extension, but it means that someone has to be available to input the PIN and once entered it does not limit the dialed number in any way. Most PINS also have a way of being distributed amongst the troops. As they say - " The definition of a secret is that information which is only told to one person at a time".

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would put all of the numbers that have to be called, into a speeddial list. Use a prefix digit that is not used elsewhere. Restrict the sets in the factory to the list (and emergency numbers). Post the list next to the sets if necessary.
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/speed-dials-using-3cx-outbound-rules/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.