Limit to activating license?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rvoosterhout, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvoosterhout

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is a limit to how many times you can activate the 3cx license. I'm planning to reinstall our PBX, since we are going to change the os. But then I have to enter the license key again, which I already did multiple times before.

I also have a question about the provided 3cx FQDN. Do i need to release this one from my license and then register it again when in install 3cx again, or can i just leave my key assigned to my FQDN? Will 3cx automatically use our current 3cx FQDN when I enter our license key?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @rvoosterhout

Please note that there is a limit on key activations if the key is activated on different machines with different mac addresses. If your key reaches the mac activation limit you will need to contact our sales department to resolve the issue. Also note that there a limit on how many certificates Let's Encrypt can provide for each FQDN so i would be careful with many times you install and re-install.

Once the key is bound to the FQDN each time you enter your key the same FQDN will be used. You need only release it if you plan on changing the FQDN you want to use or the if you want to use the same FQDN with a different key. If you are not planning on changing key or FQDN then you should not release it.

3. rvoosterhout

That answers my question, thanks! I'll contact 3cx sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.