Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Limitation on # of phones that will ring simultaneously in a ring group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by redtail, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redtail

Is there a limitation on the number of phones that will ring simultaneously in a ring group?

I have a ring group with 7 phones/extensions, but only six will ever ring. It seems to be random which extension ends up not ringing.

See image or link below for the setup I have.

[​IMG]

http://imgur.com/a/qIG0E

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have 7 sets that ring as a part of a RG on Version 14.

Is it always the same set that does not ring?
    If you add one or two more extension to the RG, does it still only show ringing 6?
    Does the 3CX activity log show an attempt to ring the set?

3. redtail

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for slow response. I was waiting to do some testing this morning when the office is closed.

I have tried some combinations and concluded the limitation is with the Yealink W52P base with 5 handsets on it.

There are 5 W52H handsets on the 1 W52P base. Only 4 of the 5 will ever ring. It seems to be random which one of the 5 does not ring.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

My guess is that your observation is probably correct given that the W52 will only support 4 simultaneous calls. I assume the base considers it a call when the INVITE comes in.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have had the same situation with Gigaset VoIP/DECT sets. Although you can register 6 SIP extensions, and 6 handsets (to each base), the base will only handle 3 simultaneous calls at a time. This means that no more than 3 can be in the same ring group or the fourth won't ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.