Limited registration on remote phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gary2seven, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary2seven

We are trying to setup remote extension on 3CX (Unidata WPU-770), phones work fine in the office but not remotely.

To try and test connection I have setup the 3CXPhone on my pc (Windows7) and found following;

3CX phone can connect using tunnel.
    3CX phone can connect using TCP
    3CX phone can NOT connect using UDP

Checked firewall and port open for UDP & TCP, done the Firewall test and everything passes.

Any ideas on why UDP would fail and how I can find out if Unidata phone uses UDP or TCP?

Gary.

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi Gary,
    It is often better and easier to use a tunnel. As for the Unidata phones I don't believe that it is supported by 3CX, but if it works then that is fine.

There are two ways to implement a tunnel. One is by using the 3CX tunnel proxy. It runs on a PC as a service, and tunnels phone connections to the 3CX. The other is to use a VPN using a pair of VPN capable routers, such as the Draytek 2820.

If you prefer to use external UDP, then you need to ensure that the port mapping is correct at the remote site. You need to forward SIP (port 5060) and RTP (port 9000-9049 depending on how many ports you are using). Make sure that the phone uses these RTP ports.

I hope that is of some help.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.