Line 2 won't ring

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lord_thundernuts, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_thundernuts

I have Aastra 6731i phones. If someone's on a call on Line 1 and another call comes in on Line 2, I'll hear the call-waiting beep and the Line 2 light will flash, and I can pickup the call fine. However, I want the phone to ring just loud like the phone is on the hook. How can I do that?

My client had an old key system and I'm trying to get it as close to that as possible (i'm almost there!)

-Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If that is even possible, and I really don't see a lot of people wanting their phone to ring at full volume when they are already on a call, then it would be a set option. On all systems that I have dealt with (as far as I can recall), once you are on a call, if a second line on the set rings, it is either visual only or includes a low level beep tone. The assumption is that you are already at the set and don't need to be called back to the desk. But, who knows, on that set it might be an option.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I do not believe that is an option either, why would you want the phone to ring while you are using it? Is it simply an issue of familiarity with the old system or..... The reason I ask is I cannot thing of a scenario where that would be advantageous to the user.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lord_thundernuts

You haven't dealt with 60+ year old lawyers, they don't adapt very well!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Tell them to put on their glasses and turn up their hearing-aids. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.