Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Line Appearance Weirdness

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mikedeyoung, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikedeyoung

Hi Guys,

I'm a Cisco VoIP Engineer and new to 3CX.

I just installed 3CX on Win2008 and registered a Cisco SPA508G.

I'm noticing the single extension I created assigned to all (8) BLF line appearances.

After navigating the GUI I did not see an obvious place to modify this.

Any ideas?

Thx

Mike DeYoung

2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

You cant provision extra extensions via 3cx, you have to do the others in the phone manually. It is not specific to a phone, all makes and models are the same because they dont have the functionality in the web admin.

I would like to see this functionality too, and am working on a design that I think will work. Then I will send it to Nicky at 3cx to see what he thinks (he will hate me for this - or just ignore it :D)

But for now, you have to manually set the others.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

This can easily be done if you know how to manipulate phone provisioning templates, it remains however a "Hack" as you need to create an additional template for another line/account and follow a multi step provisioning setting up the phone NOT to overwrite existing values. We occasionally do this with Grandstream phones (much better/smarter phones).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Can't sort this from the 3CX Management GUI - but can be sorted on the GUI of the phone itself ...

Log onto an admin session with the phone, and open the 'Phone' tab. You will see the Line Key entries with a drop-down to the right of the word 'Extension:' ... Just set that drop-down to 'Disabled' for each key that you don't want to show. Then click 'Submit all Changes' of course ...

best regards

5. fleming

I dont mean to hijack the thread - but my question is related. I am using SP504G devices (12 of them) and attempting to display a share line appearance on the third and fourth line appearances. I have been able to get them to appear, but they work intermittently... which is awful.

I am also wondering if there is someway to implement a solution, similarly, that will allow multiple users to pick up that shared line appearance and listen in on calls for training purposes.

Any ideas are appreciated!

john

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Confirm that each line, on each set (IP) has been given a unique port number.

With SIP, you cannot simply pick up a shared extension number, on another set, and 'listen in". You would have to do a shared (wired/split) headset, of some sort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.