• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Line Appearance Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedeyoung

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm a Cisco VoIP Engineer and new to 3CX.

I just installed 3CX on Win2008 and registered a Cisco SPA508G.

I'm noticing the single extension I created assigned to all (8) BLF line appearances.

After navigating the GUI I did not see an obvious place to modify this.

Any ideas?

Thx

Mike DeYoung

You cant provision extra extensions via 3cx, you have to do the others in the phone manually. It is not specific to a phone, all makes and models are the same because they dont have the functionality in the web admin.

I would like to see this functionality too, and am working on a design that I think will work. Then I will send it to Nicky at 3cx to see what he thinks (he will hate me for this - or just ignore it :D)

But for now, you have to manually set the others.

This can easily be done if you know how to manipulate phone provisioning templates, it remains however a "Hack" as you need to create an additional template for another line/account and follow a multi step provisioning setting up the phone NOT to overwrite existing values. We occasionally do this with Grandstream phones (much better/smarter phones).

Can't sort this from the 3CX Management GUI - but can be sorted on the GUI of the phone itself ...

Log onto an admin session with the phone, and open the 'Phone' tab. You will see the Line Key entries with a drop-down to the right of the word 'Extension:' ... Just set that drop-down to 'Disabled' for each key that you don't want to show. Then click 'Submit all Changes' of course ...

best regards

I dont mean to hijack the thread - but my question is related. I am using SP504G devices (12 of them) and attempting to display a share line appearance on the third and fourth line appearances. I have been able to get them to appear, but they work intermittently... which is awful.

I am also wondering if there is someway to implement a solution, similarly, that will allow multiple users to pick up that shared line appearance and listen in on calls for training purposes.

Any ideas are appreciated!

john

jfleming215 said:
I have been able to get them to appear, but they work intermittently... which is awful.

Confirm that each line, on each set (IP) has been given a unique port number.

jfleming215 said:
I am also wondering if there is someway to implement a solution, similarly, that will allow multiple users to pick up that shared line appearance and listen in on calls for training purposes.

With SIP, you cannot simply pick up a shared extension number, on another set, and 'listen in". You would have to do a shared (wired/split) headset, of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.