"Line configuration does not allow identification ... &

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NMN, Nov 1, 2007.

1. NMN

NMN

This morning I found this line in my logs ...

In my gateway config under 'Location of Destination Number' it reads ...

... and under 'Other Options' it reads (among others) ...

What does the log entry indicate? And what am I missing?

Any help is, as always, appreciated.

NMN

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Please try the setting as below:

At gateway's Other Option

Use IP in 'Contact' to recognize source [checked]
    IP Range : 12.161.101.108

Normally, it should be fix your issue if you not using Patton's gateway.

3. NMN

NMN

Before I make this kind of change I would like to understand what I am doing and why.

As far as I understand I would do this to 'identify' the 'provider/source' by its IP, because there is no other identification available, correct?

No, how would I benefit from that? Since I still would not know where the call originates (other than its DID) and wouldn't be able to do this for more than one provider (as I lock this down by a single IP range)?

What happens the next time I would receive an error like this for another provider? How often is this likely to happen? Do I really care to receive calls from people using providers set up like this (*evilgrin*)?

NMN

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

By doing what 5qg4 told you, you will be saying that caller ID is coming from this ip 12.161.101.108, otherwise 3CX will not know where to get the caller ID for this line, or Gateway...

Cheers

5. NMN

NMN

Hm ... But since this IP is not my gateway (VoIP provider), why would I do this? As far as I can tell, this is nothing more but the IP of the caller or his provider, which in turn opens up all the questions asked above. Unless I am misunderstanding s.t., I would and should only specify this if MY provider had such problems, correct?

Just to clarify ... this is the first and only time this happened. I am receiving calls with caller ID all the time just fine w/o any additional settings.

NMN

6. todd

I did this. because all incomingcalls disconnect after5 min. after I put the Ip address. become better.

7. NMN

NMN

See http://www.3cx.com/forums/categories-1/3cx-phone-system-general-1/problem-with-line-configuration-and-identification-2909/

It seems the suggested solution does not work in all scenarios. maybe someone from support could elaborate a bit on the problem.

THX

NMN