• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Line Drops After Voicemail Greeting And Beep For An Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Wright

Reaction score
I've seen this issue on multiple posts and haven't found a resolution yet. We are using a hosted server and multiple users have an issue with voicemail. We've set their personal greeting. When you call, the greeting plays, the line beeps, then the cell phone hangs up. The log shows an 8 second long voicemail.

One post suggested changing the beep sound. How can I do that on a hosted server?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Bernie Wright

If we're using a hosted service, how can we change the beep file?

You would have to have access to the directories used by 3CX.

Hello @Bernie Wright

Please note that the "beep" file issue was related to Patton devices on an earlier firmware. If you are not using a Patton device then the fix probably does not apply to you and should divert your efforts elsewhere.
Check the Activity log of the PBX after this happens for clues as to what causes the call to drop.

I would determine if this happens only to a certain mobile providers subscribers, or if there is something else that affected callers have in common. If it can be narrowed down to one provider, the speak to them. tell them what is happening and ask they have any explanation. If the issue can be replicated by one of their employees, calling into your PBX, all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.