Line in use indicator?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zone97, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zone97

I have 2 cisco spa941 phones, is there a way to configure them so that when an extension is use and the line will show in use on the other phone? I'm new to programing these phones but know a little.

Thanks.

2. mhanson

mhanson New Member

What you are describing is known as Shared Line Appearances.

This is not possible with 3CX.

Edit:

Kerry Garrison pointed out that you might actually be looking for someone else, and I may have misunderstood you.

Can you describe your intended results a but more clearly?

Do you simply want to see that Phone 1 is in use (which is BLF) or do you want to see that an actual Line is in use (SLA)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zone97

Yes, I believe what I am asking is to be able to know from phone 2 that phone 1 is in use. and vise versa.

4. jtrollen

I have this working on a SPA942. On the "Phone" tab of the web interface of the IP phone you can add the following under the "Line Key 2" (3 or 4)] section. Where x.x.x.x is the IP of your 3CX and extension is the extension number of the extension you want to monitor. Also change the "Extension:" to "Disabled" and the "Share Call Appearance:" to "Shared". When the other phone is busy the LED light turns red.

Extension: Disabled
    Share Call Appearance: Shared
    Extended Function: fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=extension@x.x.x.x;nme=extension

5. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Thank yo ufor claifying.

Then yes, this is possible. This is called BLF, or Busy Lamp field.

You can set this with the basic 3CX provisioning. Simply add the desired extensions as BLFs in the Phone provisioning tab.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jtrollen

BLF provisioning doesn't seem to work on my SPA942's and I have to add them manually through the ip phone web interface. I presume the SPA941 might be in the same boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.