Line Selection - Yealink

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daveharbon, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveharbon

We have 3CX ver 10 and Yealink T28 handsets.
    We have two companies that are administered by a common office.
    I would like to setup the Yealink phon to display two SIP accounts and then have the ability to dial out on a specific account as this has the appropriate number.
    Is this possible to do?
    Cheers
    Dave

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

It is possible, just create two sip account on Yealink, and if you want to make outbound call press "line 2" button and you will make your call with account 2, by default each call will go out with account1

3. daveharbon

Hi Mixig,
    Thank you for replying, how can you differenciate between the two sip trunks by this method? The Sip server is the IP address of our phone system? Are there additional setttings I can deploy here?
    Cheers
    Dave

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

if I understand, you want to have 2 account (extension) on sip phone which are registered to 3cx, and extension 1 go out via trunk 1 and extension 2 go out via trunk 2? in outbound rule you can create "call from extension" e.g. 100 and every call from ext100 wil go via trunk 1, or if you want to have ability to go outside with extension via trunk 1 and trunk 2 you can set some prefix in front the number so your extension 1 and 2 can go outside via both trunk, it depends on yoour prefix. you can configure that every number starts with prefix 123 gore to trunk1 (strip digits 3 to remove 123), and everything with prefix 321 (strip digits 3) go via trunk 2, in that case you are not depend on your extension, you can go outisde with any extension via any trunk

5. daveharbon

Hi Mixig,
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, the 3CX has two sip accounts, and yes i've used a prefix to dial out on any extension to select account number 2.
    What I'm asking is regarding the line keys on the Yealink T28, can these be configured to show the two sip trunk accounts? At the moment, all 6 line keys show my extension number, there does not seem to be an option to change the definition of these in the phone provision text for the phone?
    I'm new to Viop, is this not neccessary now?
    Cheers
    Dave

6. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi there,

I had same situation with T28, what I did is unprovisioned the phone and manually configured extension

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.