Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Line setup on VOIP phones.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rkarem, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkarem

Please forgive the basic topic.

I have set up 3cx as a digitial receptionist and provisioned each of my extensions with an ip phone (yealink t20s and several t28s).

I think I understand the concept of the DSS keys, which can be programmed to dial other extensions or perform actions, but I dont really understand how to get the most out of the "line" keys. As it stands the line one represents the extension and lists the extension number.

I have several hard lines coming in via grandstream gxw4108, several callcentric lines and skype lines.

I would like the receptionist to control and see as many of the active calls on her phone as possible, and handle all incoming and some outgoing calls.

Can someone educate me as to how to best program the line keys on these phones or point me in the right direction for information?

Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

For a basic receptionist, you would probably want several appearances of the same reception extension on multiple keys and set that extension to use the set status and not the 3Cx status to determine if the extension is busy. That way the reception set can receive more than one call at a time. If a second call comes in while reception is still dealing with a caller, that caller can be put on hold and a second, or third call can be taken. All incoming trunks can be directed to either the reception number or a ring group that contains the reception number and perhaps a back-up extension for when reception takes a break.

Monitoring, calls/extensions might be better done by using the 3CX Assistant http://www.3cx.com/3CXAssistant/ depending on exactly what you want monitored or how many extra button you have available in the reception set.

3. rkarem

Thanks, can you give me an example of how to set status on the extension?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In each 3CX extension options, there is an option on the PBX views the extension as busy, or not. It is either seen as busy from the PBX status or the extension status. If set to use the extension status and there is more than one appearance of the same extension, even on the same set, then a call to that extension number will not get a busy signal until all appearances are actually busy. So if you used extension 200 as reception, just program that extension on two or more line keys on the reception set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.