Line Status Display

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jduncan, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jduncan

Hi All,

Is it possible to get 3CX to accurately map the configured PSTN lines to the actual port where the physical line resides on the gateway? e.g. i am using a Grandstream GXW-4104 with 4 phone lines plugged in. The gateway is setup on 3CX to use the 10000-10003 virtual extensions and i have changed the line id to match the phone line numbers. However, when you make a call using the PSTN gateway 3CX shows any random line as being active but on the gateway it shows the correct line being engaged. To paint the picture a little more clearly, say i try to call and the gateway picks up line 1 for the outgoing call. 3CX might show line 3 being used. For incoming calls this works as it should. The corresponding line shows up as being active. This only occurs when the call is originating from the 3CX system.

P.S. It has even been strange enough to use the first line indicator for ALL calls regardless of which line was in use on the PSTN gateway. This happens sometimes after a build upgrade.

Thanks

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

This possibility depends on gateway mostly. For Pattons - it is possible. For Grandstream - I do not remember. If you know the way how to select specific line for outbound call on your device - you can try use 'Outbound parameters' settings to fix it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jduncan

Thanks Archie,

It is possible to select the outgoing line for the GXW-4104. You simply dial 99 + the line number 1-4 e.g. 992555-5555 will call using line 2 on the gateway. This works fine. The problem is getting 3CX to reflect this. The gateway will use the selected line but 3CX Line Status display will show any random line as being active for the outgoing call. The only way i can see this being possible is to create 4 individual 1 line gateways and then create rules with a dial prefix to select each line. This is not very tidy and imagine having to do this with a few T1 gateways. Thats 24 lines each. I also would like to eliminate the use of a dial prefix.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please, give me some more time to investigate this issue. Currently I'm working on solution of the same problem for Patton. After that I will take a closer look at Grandstream.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jduncan

Thanks Archie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.