Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Line status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jantoney, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jantoney

Hi All,

The hot topic today is line status!
    I know that there are hundereds of posts before mine on line status but none really fit what i want to know (i dont think!)

I have a 3CX server (ENT) and Linksys SPA962 phones.

Can anyone please tell me if each point is possible and how to do it...

1. Can i display on my phone (using one of the 6 lights) the status of another user?... (avaiable/on phone/phone ringing)

2. Able to press the button displaying that status to call that user.

3. During a call able to press the button to transfer the call im on to that user

4. Able to display the current status of an external (voip or pstn) line.

5. Able to press the voip or pstn line status button to get a line out or answer the call coming in on that line

6. Answer a call from another users extension. I know you can dial *10*<ext num>* to pick up the call ringing another extension however on the linksys phone pressing *10 thinks its a feature and doesn't actually send that through to 3CX

im sure there are other cool things you can do but im really only interested in these features at the moment.

thanks in advanced

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. silentfun

silentfun Member

i try some points how to i try optional

yes - using the BLF option - i don´t know exact the way for your phone

Yes - if it is set up in the phone

no - you have to press transfer and then the status button of the user you want to transfer to.

sorry i don´t know

sorry i don´t know - it depends on 4.

not shure but you can edit the code for pickup if it is blocked by your phone (vertical service)
    not shure which version u use but i have in mind that the code was changed from v3 to v5.

only a quickshoot and i have done this with GXP-2020 phone

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jantoney

Keep the ideas coming

Hey Guys!...
    thanks to the guy that replied!...
    Can anyone else expand on any of the above questions...
    also has anyone got the BLF features working on the SPA962 phones??

4. jantoney

Answer from Linksys

I seem to have made a friend in linksys and here is his responce re the SPA962 NOT having the BLF feature on the phone.. only on the SPA932 expansion!

It's a Firmware Release which will be coming out with the next Major code release on the 962/942 to support BLF on the line keys around Mid/Late January. I had requested this a few months back.

I have asked him for a beta copy of the Firmware so i can test with 3CX so we know that it will be compatable on release!

I will keep everyone posted!

5. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Re: Answer from Linksys

Do you know if the firmware will also support 941s? Sometimes there are firmware releases for the 942s that don't make it to 941 (generally to do with the two Eth ports rather than SIP/Phone functionality).

6. jantoney

firmware question

hey BJReplay

Sorry what did you want put into the 941s firmware??
    Ill ask them if its in there... Just not too sure what you mean by..

7. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Hi Jay, sorry, I wasn't very clear with my question !!

You mentioned that Linksys were going to add BLF support to new firmware for the 942 and the 962. I was wondering if you knew (or could ask) if support for BLF for the line keys was also going to be added to the 941 firmware.

The 941 and 942 phones have different firmware, as they have slightly different hardware.

Thanks for following up.

8. jantoney

linksys....mmmm

Well bad news all round... haha
    My reply from Linksys!
    -----------------------------------
    Hi Jay,

We dont have a Beta tester group, we have a team of guys who work on that internally.

We won't have anything for the SPA941 I believe, as we have EOL'd that product in Australia

Regards
    -----------------------------------
    ** EOL'd = End Of Lifed (no more support) ** <- For thoes that didn't know!

Sorry BJReplay... dont think your going to get much out of them this time... :( ... Time to upgrade maybe??

9. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

4 - is shared line appearance. This feature has been requested and I believe that their is some rudimentary workaround for it. It has to do with split sip requests; however if you are coming from the old analog PBX world it is not currently working like that where you would see calls occuping lines 1,2,3 and 4-8 are available.

5 - this also likens back to the old pbx days. VoIP systems have made this less useful as the real logic is built into the system. What would you gain by being able to dial out of line 3 vs line 4. As long as your users get a line that should be sufficient. Correct?

In any event you could always setup numerous providers (both VoIP and Analog via gateways) and specify a prefix to dial out to each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.