line stays connected after voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ahcomputers, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ahcomputers

I'm using Version3.0.2295.0 of 3cx w/ an Audiocodes MP-114 FXO for my pstn lines.

When an external caller leaves a voice mail and hangs up without pressing # the line will stay connected and apparently continues recording dead air for approximately two minutes.

If I test between extensions, the line hangs up immediately after the dialing extension hangs up (without pressing # first).

In the Audio Codes, I have set both "Enable Polarity Reversal" and "Enable Current Disconnect" to enable. I have set "Disconnect Call on Silence Detection" to Yes. I have set "Silence Detection Period[sec]" to 30.

Has anyone else seen this problem and have suggestions to correct it?

Thanks in advance.

2. dave151

Me too.

I have the same problem using my SPA3102. I haven't figured out a solution yet either.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Follow the SPA3102 manual and you are ok.

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

i have had the problem too but only a few times - to drop that line i have done a reeboot. but i have no fxo adapter atm so it must also happen with voice providers.

5. ahcomputers

Any Help 3cx?

Any Help from 3CX on this?

I'm sure it may be an issue w/ the Audiocodes VOIP Gateway but since this one was listed as one of the compatible devices, I'm sure you might have a test lab with it and can test what I'm describing and maybe verify the settings I've provided?

Pleasssssssssssssssssssseeeeee!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is there a silence or no voice type detection on that device?

7. ahcomputers

Huh?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

I stated in my original post that there are settings for:

"Disconnect Call on Silence Detection"- currently set to enable
    and
    "Silence Detection Period"- set to 30 seconds

I'll dig around for the "no voice type detection" you reference.

Ben

[/quote]

8. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

Fails to Disconnect

I have posted the same problem previously. Sad to say my only solution with both Linksys and Grandstream Gateways is to set them to disconnect after detecting 30 seconds of silence which it sounds like you have done. However can you set it for just the PSTN side and not the VOIP side? Otherwise the the silence timer will not start until after the voice mail message has finished. Although this has been a work around for me, the problem with this solution is that if the PSTN side of the conversation is strictly listening for 30 seconds, even though the VOIP side is talking, the line will disconnect during an actual conversation. Changing the silence detect time to 30 or 90 seconds ends up with voice messages left that are 60-90 seconds of silence if the caller hangs up with out leaving a message and does not press #.

There is a different post regarding PSTN gateways not hanging up correctly and it does not appear to be a solution and this has been the biggest problem for me in implementing 3CX. I think in a large organization there needs to be a better PSTN to 3CX gateway solution and I will keep looking.

9. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Re: Any Help 3cx?

Yes, we had similar issue with Audiocodes, which has been solved by adjusting country-dependent settings for PSTN line (i.e. voltage, timings, polarity, etc.) So, you have to ask your landline provider for that values and put them to Audiocodes configuration accordingly.

10. randyleepublic

Re: Any Help 3cx?

Where do you see these settings in the Audio Codes configuration? Could you please be more specific? This is a very frustrating situation. I tried a Groundstream and it was defective junk, now I have an Audio Codes. It seems like a good unit, but won't detect hang up.

Help!

Thanks?

11. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Got a SPA 3102, and finally i can use 3CX voice mail, i too had the same problem, it wouldnt disconnect after the call was over. To solve this i had to find out what was the Disconnection Tone for my PSTN, After i send a recording of my line disconnection tone to 3amsystems they sent me the code to my linksys and now all is working :D

Cheers

12. sokky

Hi all,

I connect 3cx to Audiocodes MP-144 FXO and fill the the code like this
    FXS 1 %%FXS_ext1%% = Extension Number for 1st extension
    %%FXS_uid1%% = Authentication ID for 1st extension
    %%FXS_upw1%% = Authentication Password for 1st extension

FXS 2 %%FXS_ext2%% = Extension Number for 2nd extension
    %%FXS_uid2%% = Authentication ID for 2nd extension
    %%FXS_upw2%% = Authentication Password for 2nd extension
    and i upload this file to Audiocodes then I call to the phone via 3cx phone and it show (not available).
    If some can solve this problem please help me?

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You've certainly resurrected an old post with a topic that seems to be unrelated to whatever issue you are having. You should have begun a new post.