Lines get stuck on 3.1.2434.0 and other problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cvdm, Feb 28, 2008.

1. cvdm

Hi everyone. First post.
    I have spend a lot of time (and i mean a lot) trying to make this phone system work.
    We purchased (i work as it manager for a transportation company with a lot of communication needs) a 3.1.2434.0 about 4 months ago (enterprise edition) and ever since i always have to deal with something that has to do with the phone system.
    My problems have multiplied during the last 2 weeks (that was the time the system went to full production, i only wish i did not, and the traffic multiplied).
    First of all. Lines get stuck. Doesn't matter if its the pstn, a hard or a soft sip phone. Any of them can get stuck any time. Period. Eveytime i log in the cocsole one or two lines are stuck. I searched the forum and i found a thread

http://www.3cx.com/forums/build-3790---extensions-and-line-still-stick-3889.html

that ends with the site admin saying :
    "
    We have identified this - the 'no action' on timeout does not disconnect the call and can be the cause of calls which remain in connected status. We are fixing it today, for upload tomorrow or else monday. This will not be requiring a re install but will be pushing up with the install updates function.
    "
    How do i get this update for my phone system? I presume that 3.1 is not an out of date product (within 4 months) and is still supported.

An other major problem is lines getting dropped. Mostly with external calls (both incoming and outgoing). My configuration is 3cx 3.1 on 2003 srv (1GB ram), brand new linksys POE swithes, and a patton 4960 with 1 e1 port. GXP2020 phones and a couple of soft ones (x-lite). There is no network problem. No packet loss during long pings (hours of pinging and with 1500 lenght packets) Any ideas on this issue will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advanced
    Denis Mouzis

2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

3. cvdm

14:50:51.946 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp [CM104007] Call(2426): Call from Ext.624 to 2104145521 has been terminated by Ext.624; cause: CANCEL; from IP:192.168.0.79

The call appears to get terminated by the gxp phone (192.168.0.79 is the ip of the phone). User did not terminate the call.
    Is there any recommended settings for the phones? They are gxp2020 latest release 1.1.5.15.

Could this be a codec issue?
    The phones use pcmu and patton ulaw

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Denis,

I suggest upgrading to v5.1 and using your support package access then to contact support. Do you have upgrade insurance?

In any case lines should of course not be stuck. The dropping of lines could be a Grandstream issue ensure you have latest firmware. In any case i suggest upgrading to the latest version first. Please contact me at ng at 3cx.com if you do not have upgrade insurance.

5. cvdm

I found this in the logs. The destination is missing. Any ideas?

14:02:51.061 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp [CM104007] Call(9404): Call from Ext.724 to has been terminated by Ext.724; cause: CANCEL; from IP:192.168.0.42

This is a dropped call.

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

That call has been correctly dropped. If one of the SIP devices in the call sends a cancel then our PBX must drop the call. So this has been correctly interpreted by our phone system.....

7. silentfun

silentfun Member

Hi,

there was a firmware upgrade on the grandstreams 2 days ago a Grandstream Guy told me on the CBIT fair in Hanover.

This should solve most of the bugs in GXP series.

BTW
    I was also at the SNOM / 3CX / EBERT LANG point on that fair. I was sorry that i have not meet the boss himself but i talked to a technical his name was Kevin. As always the fair is bad for the feed and there is no chance for more then 5 meetings on a single day.

Andy

PS: I wonder that Nick Galea answer forum when he is on the fair too. Thats is real power.

8. cvdm

Hi

Does someone know where the new firmware is? They still have 1.1.5.15 on their site and ftp server.

Since gxp send cancel is there any way configure it not to do so?

Thank you

9. silentfun

silentfun Member

you are right it seems he told me shit. perhaps one of the 3cx staff can go the 30 meters to the grandstream point and slap them for me.

that is realy not nice behavia from grandstream.

Andy :evil: