Linksys 3102 - assorted matters arising.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wizards, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizards

OK, I've worked through the config instrunctions on the 3CX website and set up all the parameters on the 3102. It hasn't logged in. I assume that when I go next door in a minute and powercycle it, it will do so.

- Why does the 3102 not have a "retry registration" button or even a "reboot me" button on the GUI? Very odd...
    - When I ran through the setup "wizard" in 3CX control panel to add the 3102, it spat out an XML config file. What the eff am I supposed to do with this? I had hoped it was a "potted" config to import into the 3102 but the 3102 dosen't appear to have anything as modern as an import/export config offering.
    - If I'm using the 3012 as an FXS gateway, can the phone attached to teh "phone" socket of the 3102 still make outgoing calls on the PSTN?

and

- why does the Hover Help in the gateway setup waste my time? There's no point in having a (?) symbol for extra help if there IS NO extra help - someone has painstaking;y wasteed THEIR time setting up a help string but as all it does is re-state the prompt that's already on the screen, might as well have not bothered. What's needed is *clarification* - i.e. if you're asking for the SIP port, TELL me in the help if you mean the default sip port of the 3CX or a special port being set up just for this device or ... what?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It will do a re-boot if you click on the button at the bottom of the screen to submit any changes, even if you didn't change anything.

I don't recall seeing a device that did have that feature. You can set the times for it to re-try if registration is unsuccessful

and the normal re-registration time.

Yes, you can set it to dial out directly on the FXO port or it can be a 3CX extension or it can be a combination of both.

You might want to download and read the Admin Guide....http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.steel/voip/SPA_Admn_3102.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.