Linksys 3102 error

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ligander, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ligander

Hi.
    I try to use my Linksys FXO as I did some year ago. This time when I try to make the gateway, I got this error in my
    Internet browser. IE, Firefox or Opera, I got the same error message.
    After I put the gateway Ip number, i got a red password. Next step, this appear:

Gateway
    Description: An exception that could not be handled occurred when the current web request was run. More information about the error and where it originated in the code is in the stack trace.

Exception Details: TCX.Configuration.Exceptions.ObjectSavingException: Gateway

An exception is not handled generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location can be identified with the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ObjectSavingException: Gateway]
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.ProcessRequest(HttpContext objHttpContext) +1429

[HttpException (0x80004005): Gateway]
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.ProcessRequest(HttpContext objHttpContext) +4211
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +441
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Versionsinformation: Microsoft .NET Framework-version:2.0.50727.1433; WebGUI-version:2.0.50727.1433

Can any one help, why?
    Ulf

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have never encountered anything like that in my browser when trying to connect to a device. Since it is happening on more than one browser I would guess that it is something (setting, corruption,Virus/trojan) on that computer. Have you tried using a different computer?

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I think there is a corruption in the system.

You can try 2 things - firstly you can try to do a factory reset using the handset. When you dial the code, save it and reboot you will also have to dial back in and enable the web gui as it is disabled by default on factory reset.

If that doesnt work it could be fixed by an update of firmware. Do it from a pc on the same lan so you wont touch the web gui on the 3102. IF they dont work then your 3102 is compromised and probably easier to get a new one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ligander

Yes I did try a couple of different computers.
    I think abc123 is on the right track.
    I shall do a factory reset on the Linksys unit.

Thanks to both of you..
    Ulf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.