Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys 3102 Incoming Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by comresource, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comresource

comresource Member

I have been trying to get a Linksys 3102 to receive incoming faxes but have not had much luck. If I set the destination to a IP phone it rings and works fine. If I set it to 'Send fax to email' it does not work. My fax extension is 8888. What is odd is that I also have an anolog phone on the FSX port of the 3102 and if I dial 8888 from the phone I receive fax tone but it does not work from an external number. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Same here, except I have a DID pointed to it.

214-453-0059 < It rings threw, and then disconnects, nothing in logs about anything missing, all other stuff works fine. Call 8888 internal and get proper fax tone. I have done the SIP to FAX workaround.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mckey415

Same problem here with DLink DVG-3004S.
    Incoming calls to extensions work fine. But when i set route incoming calls to fax extension i got no answer.
    I tried several times and once i managed to recieve fax tone. But that's all...

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I'm afraid this feature, which is one of the strongest selling points for us I might ad, is probably going to be discontinued. I have worked very hard to try to get faxing working for the last few months, I have tried multiple providers, PRIS, Patton hardware, insuring the providers pass T38 and all that jazz. No luck. It sucks, and it really needs to be addressed and promptly.

5. ice

ice New Member

If I connected Linksys3201 directly to VoIP-provider - fax works.
    If through 3cx (without fax service) - nothing, possible it is neccesary to make separate settings for passing faxes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.