Linksys-3102 not registering

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tzang, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tzang

I just bought a linksys 3102 gateway to use with my 3cx system. In 3cx managment, I created a PSTN for this, pointing the gateway to the IP of the linksys gateway. Is that correct?

192.168.184.x My network
    192.168.184.126 My linksys 3102 VOIP gateway
    192.168.184.140 My box running 3cx

Its showing up red under Ports/Trunk status. It shows not registered. I have a cat 5 running from "internet" on the linksys to my switch. I then have the phone line from the wall going into "line". Then I have analog phone also plugged in. My box running the 3cx is plugged into the same network, on the same subnet.

I ran through http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE and set everything up. I dont understand why its not working. Any suggestions? :?:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you trying to use the 3102 as a router as well? If your network already has a router, which i hope it does, use only the WAN port on the 3102 for an Ethernet connection. Be sure it has a fixed IP address and that you have also put your router IP (192.168.184.1 ?) in both the Gateway and the Primary DNS fields.

It sounds like you have it set up correctly. Do you see a registration attempt in the 3CX logs? Did you set up the FXS port to support a 3CX extension? If not, then at least at this point, you don't need to plug a telephone into the 3102. Post some of the LAN and PSTN line screen shots if you still can't get it working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.