• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Linksys 3102 Ringing but 3CX will not answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

commvisi

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a look though the forum and have found a couple of other instances of this issue, but haven’t been able to see where it has been resolved.

We are running 3CX v7.1 and I am trying to get a Linksys 3102 to answer a PSTN line. The Linksys is registered with 3CX as a PSTN Device on a virtual extension of 10001, but when I call the PSTN phone number the ‘PSTN Line Status’ page on the Linksys shows Ringing, but 3CX will not pick it up.

PSTN Line Status
Hook State: On
Line Voltage: -54 (V)
Loop Current: 0.0 (mA)
Registration State: Registered
Last Registration At: 1/3/2003 06:20:00
Next Registration In: 78 s
Last Called VoIP Number:
Last Called PSTN Number:
Last VoIP Caller:
Last PSTN Caller:
Last PSTN Disconnect Reason:
PSTN Activity Timer: 30000 (ms)
Mapped SIP Port: Call Type:
VoIP State: Idle
PSTN State: Ringing
VoIP Tone:

The firmware on the Linksys is 5.1.10(GW) and I have done numerous factory resets and reconfigurations based on the Configuration Guide.

Is there an update on this issue?

Thanks,
Troy.

Can you make outbound calls through the 3102?
Is the network cable plugged into the WAN port on the 3102?

Hi,

I have not configured the 3102 to make calls as I only want to receive on this PSTN Line. I can configure it for outbound if it will help diagnose the problem.

The network is running out via the WAN port It is pingable from the 3CX Server, and the 3102 does successfully register with 3CX.

Update.

Yes I can make outbound calls from 3CX via the 3102.

When the 3102 receives a call on the FXS port it is "call forwarding" it on to the 3CX. There is an option to tell it how long before this happens, that is usually set for 3 seconds in North America to allow the caller ID info to be collected. Then the dialplan sends the call on to the 1000X number that the trunk uses in the 3CX, that's the function of <S0;1000x>, by the way that is a zero following the S.

I don't have my setup in front of me but if you put in all of the settings according to the guide and there is no physical problem with your 3102 (and no typos), it will work

Hi,

I had this same issue. I found the solution on this message board, i'll be back when i found it and give you the link.

Regards

It's me again.

This is the link which i followed but not all of it, i thought it might be useful for you.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/can-t-receive-inbound-calls-on-spa-3102-on-3cx-10838-15.html

Have a look at a recent post on the 3102. There are a couple of settings to check, they could be related to your no answer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.