Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

linksys 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jtullous, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtullous

I been trying for about 6 hrs to make a Linksys 3102 work with a Plain analog line. I can not receive calls or even make them. I have tried the settings from the guild and it is a no win situation with me. Anyone have any pointers with this system?

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Have you searched the forums and tried all the suggestions in the other posts?
    How have you provisioned the 3102? Using the 3CX template or manually.
    What is your current setup including 3102 firmware version?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I was hoping to buy another 3102 myself last week and i was going to do a step by step guide to getting it working on 3CX, unfortunately those plans are on hold for now.

Try getting the FXS (the phone) port working first, then work on the FXO (PSTN) portion. Make sure you have assigned a fixed IP to the 3102. When building the FXO, put the settings in 3CX first then do the 3102. Get it to register, that's one big step. Contrary to the info in the 3102 configuration guide on the 3CX site, that says the use of the FXS AND FXO port is not supported, it actually does work. There are essentially two devices in the one box. However, problems can arise because, depending on the options, the two can interact with one another, if allowed.

Have you downloaded and read the Administration Guide? It can give you a better understanding of what the 3102 can is capable of. You won't be using all of the features so it can seem a bit overwhelming, but if you read what each setting does it can help make some sense of things . From the default settings, do a capture of each screen, then print them out. As you make changes, mark them on the printouts so you can go back and un-do something if it begins failing. There are some default settings that do need to be changed to work properly with 3CX

4. msp

msp

The linksys SPA3102 is a very good VoIP gateway for the price. The first item to check on the SPA3102 VoIP gateway is the firmware version. If it is not the latest build. Then you must update it first. Next, configure the 3cx PSTN system form. Now, using the 3cx configuration guide for the SPA3102 configure the forms in the SPA3102. Once you have done all that, the SPA3102 should activate and show a status of in service. It will also, help to down load the SPA3102 user manual from the linksys website, specially if you intend to use other features or provisioning.
    this worked for us. :lol:

Regards Kelvin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.