Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys 942 SPA logo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

i am trying to find in provisioning template url for logo but i cant see anything regarding for logo, for e.g. cisco phones there is a part where phone is must going to pickup a logo. I assume that linksys and cisco phone are using the same logo (linksys 942 and cisco 504). If there is no part for 942 for logo how is that phone get 3cx defaultlogo on the screen

Thanks

2. bardissi

bardissi Member

Did you use a provisioning template when you provisioned the phone or did you set setup the phone manually?

If you used a template (which you can check and see under the extension tab you can lookup the template through the settings menu and search through it to see where the logo is being pulled.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

i used 3cx provisioning template for that model, the problem is that in that template there is no config part for the logo (i didnt find that part) so i was wondering how the phone is know to get default 3cx logo. I need to change default logo with custom logo but cant find connections in 3cx template with default logo

4. bardissi

bardissi Member

It has to be in the provisioning template. It may not be obvious but its in there.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Or.. did you attempt to use a CiscoSPA50xG template first.. and then later assign is the Linksys 942 model?

It is likely that the <BMP_Picture_Download> tag in the SPA50xG is a same tag found on the other model.

And, since the template for the 942 does not include a logo.. it could have been set by the first template instance and the setting left there since the other template will not set the value.. meaning the value won't change when the handset picks up the XML.

I would venture to guess you will at least find the setting using http://device/admin/spacfg.xml and searching for that tag above.
    The cisco.ph.xml template is setting it to http://%%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/logo/cisco50xg.bmp.

If you do, you can add the tag to your template to "do nothing" with the logo option.. or update it to whatever logo you might want. Then again, you could just cheat that by swapping out the BMP file. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.