• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

linksys fxo gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

sata

Reaction score
when i a call in to my fxo gaewaty it take about 3-5 rings befor it rings any ext is there a reson for this ? and if so can i speed it up in any way

By default the PSTN Answer Delay in the Voice/PSTN Line tab is set to 16. This is what is creating your delay most likely. In order to preserve caller id recognition, use a setting of around 5. Some have been able to go lower than five and still receive caller id, however that is was linksys/sipura recommends.

There is also a PSTN Ring Thru Delay on the same tab. Set it to around 2.5.

All of these settings can be played with in order to have a minimum delay for incoming calls while still preserving caller ID.

Anyways, Good Luck!

thank you very much tim i will give it a try

SPA3102

I have been using this for a while and the CID is something which I have never been able to setup. The only caller ID I am getting is the SPA3102 so I know the call is from a land line and not but how do I force the unit to show me the caller CID and not the SPA3102 ID.

Straight cut and paste out of my SPA3cx manual:

VoIP Answer Delay:0
PSTN Answer Delay: 3
PSTN-To-VoIP Call Max Dur: 0
VoIP-To-PSTN Call Max Dur: 0
VoIP DLG Refresh Intvl: 0
PSTN Dialing Delay: 1
PSTN Hook Flash Len: .25

VoIP PIN Digit Timeout: 10
PSTN PIN Digit Timeout: 10
PSTN Ring Thru Delay: 1.5
PSTN Ring Thru CWT Delay: 0
PSTN Ring Timeout: 5
PSTN Dial Digit Len: .1/.1

As ess mentioned Linksys has some recommendations, but what they only recommend is that the PST Ring Thru Delay cannot be lower than half the PSTN answer delay.

In 3CX you have to configure:

Edit VoIP Gateway
Gateway capabilities: Supports re-Invite tic this

Location of destination number:

Linksys spa 3102 HELP

Hello.. this is really wierd...

When I set PSTN Answer Delay to 3 or above.... IT DOES NOT pick up the phone and it does NOT forward the call to my 3CX.

BUT... when I set it to anything BELOW 3... like 1 or 2 .. it IMMEDIATELY picks up... and forwards the call to my 3CX... but NO CALLER ID off course... because its picking up too soon.

PLEASE HELP.

thanks.

PSTN Answer Delay handshakes with ring thru delay.

What is your ring thru delay?

linksys SPA 3102 issue

Ring Thru Delay = 1.5
Answer Delay = 3

What Country are you in?

USA

The SPA device is set to "N.America / China"

Just send me your config if you want, Ill have a look before tomorrow.

Voicer Tab:
1. Select Admin Login
2. Select Advanced
3. Save as voice.HTML file using your browser.

OK thanks...

I emailed you info and pstn information.

my name is Vishal Wadher... look out for my email in the INFO account.

THANKS!

Have not seen it as yet, sure it has not bounced?

hello... I did get a confirmation auto responder from your account.

I sent again to [email protected]

thanks.

hello,

yes it came back because your email system saw my email as spam.

can I send it somewhere else?

We get a lot of spam on the info account.

We are also in the process of blocking all hotmail type email addresses (the "free" email providers)

Try to send it to the email address that is attached to the button. or PM me for my email address.

Hello: I am having the same problem with the Grandstream GXW4104. The phones will start ringing after 3-4 rings of the regular line. I would appreciate if you can share a configuration either at the 3CX level, the GX4104 or both to solve this issue.

Thank you in advance!

For sure we will, but we have a little communication break down :).

Once fixed we will report here for sure.

Re: SPA3102

gergale said:
I have been using this for a while and the CID is something which I have never been able to setup. The only caller ID I am getting is the SPA3102 so I know the call is from a land line and not but how do I force the unit to show me the caller CID and not the SPA3102 ID.

I have the same problem...I have played with my SPA3000's settings to get my incoming PSTN to have CID on the phone display and have had no success.

Still everything about 3CX is great....I have had so much more success with this than Asterisk.All inbound and outbound call routes go exactly where i want them to go with redundancy fall back....This is a product that I recommend highly.

2 fixes for me and I have the perfect setup.

1: Call transfer to be a dial sequence eg: dial #70 to put call on park.
2: Easier CID on pstn gateway.

All in all very happy.

PS: Itfarmer.....when do you expect the Australian webby http://www.3cx.com.au/ to be fully functional.

Cheers.

PS: Itfarmer.....when do you expect the Australian webby http://www.3cx.com.au/ to be fully functional.

Depends where you are after :), it is one of those things that gets done when there is a bit of time available. It is not our priority at the moment, as you can see it is not a professional looking page by any means.

We use it atm more to give people the opportunity to find us and take it from there.

The menu bar is something that gives us a guide line on what we gonna put up there. If I only had 20 fingers and 48hrs in a day live would be so much easier. To be honest I been waaaaayyy to busy answering forums posts, phone calls, providing pre sales support (world wide) that I have not had time to do anything else (Loving it though so lets keep going like that).

Appart from that I have people sending me funny "toys" (pitty I am not allowed to keep them) to see if we can get this to work with 3CX and ATA's (such as spa's) One example is a GSM gateway I am expecting in the mail any time soon to see if we can hook that up to 3CX one way or the other.

Few weeks ago, together Tecala (dotComdotAU) we succesfully configured Dialogic cards to talk to 3CX. All these things take time but we love it keeps us sharp and, (well we not sure what edge yet, but we will let you know the moment we fall over it LOL) on the edge.

See our business plan........

Get a broad knowledge, than get a broad customer base :). Well that is the plan anyway. I am stunned about the amount of interest in 3CX it's been really good.

So there you have it, that is why the webby is not fully functional yet. But let me know what you need and we get it sorted.

For those (back to the topic, sorry) who need CLID

Go a few posts back (in this topic) you will see a post from ESS and myself showing some SPA settings they should in general work to get the CLID going. Do not forget the 3CX settings, I think one of my templates are actually available for download with 3CX but not sure. Arhie and myself spend some time with the CLID a few months ago and I think we had it down pad. So try those settings and let me know how you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.