Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys IP Phone SPA942

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fusspils, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fusspils

Hi all,

First of all I am really impressed with the 3CX product. The next step for me before buying the system is to get our Linksys SPA 942 phones hooked up to our 3CX server from the "outside."
    Everything works with these IP phones internally in our test environment and also the software phone works really well from the internet calling into our network so I am guessing that all routing etc is working well. Can anyone point me to a setup guide or tutorial so I can get the Linksys systems working externally? I have tried all sorts of combo´s with the proxy settings etc all with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get the full product up and running ASAP

Andy

2. sipero123

Hi,

With the Enterprise version rather than the FREE version you would be able to use auto-provisioning of your SPA942 phones.

You'll find the Voip Nugget and this url http://www.3cx.com/docs/ and this file at http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Hope these help.

Jonathan Hamon

3. ciscotech2007

Your referring to the remote external extension option.

This means your phone connects to 3CX as a 3CX extension but is not on your local network where the 3CX server is at.

From your remote network to your 3CX network, all your firewalls and routers must support STATIC NOT mapping.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fusspils

Thanks for the replies,

sipero123 - I will give these configurations a try on Monday and post the results

ciscotech2007 - Yes I want to send some Linksys phones pre-setup to a branch office so they can just plug and play. The softphone works through our firewalls/routers etc so the phones should right?

5. Fusspils

I gave the nugget a try but still have errors, here are the steps that I performed.

Factory reset of the phone.
    Selected "Admin" and "Advanced" options

SIP TAB

STUN enable --> Yes
    Server --> stun.3cx.com

EXT 1 TAB

Proxy --> Public IP of our 3CX Server
    Register expires --> 300
    Display name --> Username
    User ID --> Extention number of user
    Pass --> users password
    User auth ID --> Yes
    auth ID --> Extendion number of user
    Dial plan --> [x*].

Am I missing anything? As I said in a previous post the soft phone works fine so I am guessing that all port routing etc is good. Any help would be great!

6. ciscotech2007

Here's the setup for INTERNAL extensions on SPA units;

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/linksys-SPA-962.html

Complete this first to ensure your 3CX system is fully operational INBOUND AND OUTBOUND. And this also checks the phones to make sure they function on the 3CX system.

Then check out the remote extension voip nugget listed above. Please post your results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

SIP Tab:
    You'll also want:
    Substitute VIA Addr: Yes
    Send Resp To Src Port: Yes
    STUN Enable: Yes
    NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 15 (find out how long your router leaves sessions open for, and choose a lower number - 15 is agressively low, but works!).
    Other options can be no.

Ext 1:
    NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
    NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes, or you'll need to set up static port forwards in your remote site routers.

I also have
    Use Outbound Proxy: Yes
    Use OB Proxy In Dialog: Yes
    OB proxy is set to the 3cx server (I have a static IP and a dns entry, so the phones have the DNS name, rather than the IP).

8. dpuckett

I have been trying to get this fully working but have not had much luck. Here is my setup.

1. 3CX behind a NAT on 192.168.3.112
    2. Setup 2 phones on LAN..one softphone and 1 SPA941. All works
    3. Configured Firewall as needed and the firewall check works.
    3. Configured SIP client on my Palm Centro and am able to register to 3CX and all works fine (Treo is not behind a NAT)
    4. Moved SPA941 to another network behind a NAT and followed Voip Nugget for external connections adding STUN and changing Proxy to External FQDN of 3CX connction. Phone Registers fine but it shows up on Activity log as 102@192.168.5.104 (The Phones Internal IP address). I get dial tone but any calls fail with busy signal.
    5. If I Make the additional NAT/Outbound proxy settings as suggested by BJReplay the phone no longer registers.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9. dpuckett

[SOLVED]
    I swapped out the NAT device on the phone side from pfsense (FreeBSD based) to a snapgear (linux based) and it started working with the changes suggested by BJReplay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.