Linksys OGV200 VoIP QOS Adapter

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cjammer, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Has anyone used the Above mentioned item from Linksys?

It reads to be QoS gaming and Voip router to help calls and speed up games played over the internet.

I just got one but have yet to implement it. The manual sounds like it is VERY straight forwad to use. just plug in and away you go.... It goes between your MoDem and your home router. It has a web interface to change settings on.

I will be interested to here from anyone that has one. If no one else has one I'll put it to the test and see how much trouble it gives me to setup and use.

Cjammer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Update

I installed this adapter this morning. I cant believe how easy it was to install. Nothing to configure, just plug it in. I came with all the cables needed.

It took it less than a minute to link up and it was ready. Once it was ready I logged into the web interface to see how much I could change in.

By default everything is set to Auto. Everything includes; Rate detection (network speed), Connection Type (DSL or Cable), and Static IP Address. This is all under Setup.

Under Administration it has three things there also. Detect rate button, Firmware upgrade, and Change admin password. Thats it everything you can do in it.

So, I put it to the test. I had my daughter call one of her friends and let them talk. She did not get a dropped call during the single call she made.
    There needs to be more calls made to test this out.

So is it worth it or not.... Dont know yet. but it dont seem to hurt to use.

BTW... the VoIP provider is VOIP.Com

I will update you more as I use it. I may tried to put my network tester inline and see what kind of numbers it gives me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Roger,

Have a look at this review: http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic14927.html

Cheers,
    Mike.

4. cjammer

cjammer New Member

That reviews is more like what I am seeing. But this Reviewer seems to be more than pleased.

http://www.geek.com/review-linksys-ogv200-network-optimizer-for-gaming-and-voip/

As I have read over other reviews, it really is a 50/50 split on this item.

From What I have seen they are due a firmware update to fix the auto-detect and under status, the IP's do not list either.

I will keep monitoring mine and see if it makes any difference in call quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.