Linksys PAP2/SPA3102 VoiceMail notification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by justin, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin

I noticed in the setup pages of both devices that there is a "Voicemail server" field and a "VMWI Ring Policy" (VMWI I'm guessing means Voice Mail Waiting Indicator?). Is it possible to set this with 3cx so that I can have the phone do a distinctive ring when voicemail is waiting on a particular extension? If it's possible would someone please advise how to set it up as I have never tried :O

2. Henk

Henk Member

Question:

How would the phone know when to ring?

I find it rather annoying if the phone besides me just rings because my "Pod inhabitant" has not checked his/her message.

A flashing light is so much more less intrusive to my sleeps :).

I say, bring back the executive offices (LOL).

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. justin

Well thats what I was asking. As both the devices have distinctive ring, I was playing around with the settings and have (60(.2/4)) set as the ring cadence when a caller left on hold which offers a fraction of a second of a ring every 4 seconds, however for voicemail I would set it to like every minute or something. The fact that it rings doesn't bother me as it is for home use so the only voicemails I get would be for me or my partner so it would only be for messages left while we are out, so if it was beeping every 60 secs (60(.2/59.8)) it would be a nice little "You have a message" notification. But anyhow, is it possible?? You seem to be a bit of a Linksys guru H!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.