Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Linksys PAP2/SPA3102 VoiceMail notification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by justin, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin

I noticed in the setup pages of both devices that there is a "Voicemail server" field and a "VMWI Ring Policy" (VMWI I'm guessing means Voice Mail Waiting Indicator?). Is it possible to set this with 3cx so that I can have the phone do a distinctive ring when voicemail is waiting on a particular extension? If it's possible would someone please advise how to set it up as I have never tried :O

2. Henk

Henk Member

Question:

How would the phone know when to ring?

I find it rather annoying if the phone besides me just rings because my "Pod inhabitant" has not checked his/her message.

A flashing light is so much more less intrusive to my sleeps :).

I say, bring back the executive offices (LOL).

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. justin

Well thats what I was asking. As both the devices have distinctive ring, I was playing around with the settings and have (60(.2/4)) set as the ring cadence when a caller left on hold which offers a fraction of a second of a ring every 4 seconds, however for voicemail I would set it to like every minute or something. The fact that it rings doesn't bother me as it is for home use so the only voicemails I get would be for me or my partner so it would only be for messages left while we are out, so if it was beeping every 60 secs (60(.2/59.8)) it would be a nice little "You have a message" notification. But anyhow, is it possible?? You seem to be a bit of a Linksys guru H!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.