• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Linksys / Sipura SPA3000 issue with incomming calls, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyTechGeek

Free User
Reaction score
Ok, i followed the following guide : http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/- NO LONGER AVAILABLE to setup my device and i had a few issues with things like voltage fluctuations. ( fixed that by using the cable that was supplied with the device) , Not being able to dial out due to us having to dial 9 for a line, But managed to fix that by changing the Dial plan on the device.

The issue i get now is that incoming calls are not routed to the Extension? The Device answers the call but i get a dial tone? I really don't know what i have done wrong? I have 2 devices and they both do the same?

Outgoing calls are perfect.
I have 2 lines to connect to, both require 9 to get outside line.
Lines are direct from BT business.

Does the dialplan come into play when calls come in via the PSTN?

Many thanks

Tyrone

The dial out is completed by the registration to 3CX.

The dial in is slightly different.

Login to the SPA as admin and then select advances features

On the PSTN Line Under Dial plans make the following entry

(S0<:[email protected]>) - Where (y) is the port identification number of your ATA in 3CX and (x) is the IP adress of the server.

Example - (S0<:[email protected]>)

Place this in Dial plan 8 and change the others (1-7) to (xx.) just to avoid any confusion.

On the PSTN Line Under PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway

PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable: YES

PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: No

PSTN CID For VoIP CID: YES

PSTN Caller Default DP: (8)

Off Hook While Calling VoIP: No

Line 1 Signal Hook Flash To PSTN: Disabled

Now when a call comes in on the PSTN the SPA should pass it on to VoiP without a pin number using dial plan 8 which will forward the call to [email protected] - the address of your device on 3CX. Simply set the incoming rules on 3CX to get the call to your desired extension or ring group.

MyTechGeek said:
The Device answers the call but i get a dial tone?

You may have some other settings, to do with security, enabled, or you have the PSTN (portion) registered as an extension in 3CX. can you post the PSTN tab showing your settings.

paul.hadley said:

I'm not sure why you are including an IP in there. the IP of the 3CX server is set elsewhere in the gateway, it should simply be ...(S0<:10001>) to send the caller into 3CX. The settings for trunk 10001, in 3CX, will determine where the call routes.

If you don't include the IP of the PBX the call won't go anywhere.

On an incoming call the SPA is just forwarding the call as a direct sip call so the whole address is required.

In "(S0<:[email protected]>)" you telling the SPA "SO" - Send All Calls "10001" - to sip contact 10001 "192.168.61.1" at ip 192.168.61.1

I have set five of these up this way and they seem to work fine.

While I certainly won't argue that it doesn't work for you, it's just unnecessarily complicating things.

If the 3102 (or 3000) is registered with 3CX, using the proper settings in the Proxy and Registration section under the PSTN tab, then adding the IP in the dial plan is redundant. I have never used it, nor seen it done that way before.

I suggest you review the link included earlier.. http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Just tried one of mine, and yes you are correct, it isn't necessary to include the server IP although it works either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.