Linksys SPA-3000 Failure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by flaw, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flaw

I followed with the guidance for SPA-3102, and failed to config my SPA-3000 working correctly as a PSTN-VoIP gateway.

SPA-3000 information
    Software Version: 3.1.10(GWd) Hardware Version: 2.0.1(1448)

3CX side log (for a outbound call 123456789 from 3CX softphone)
    a strange thing is when I set the SPA-3000 PSTN Line > Subscriber Information > User ID: from anything to "10000" (the same as the Auth ID, I will get a "Cause: 504 Service Unavailable" failure instead of the "Cause: 410 Gone"

For inbound calls, I got Ring Back Tones all the time and nothing was logged in 3CX server (the line was checked and fine.)

Please help and many thanks

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First of all make sure that the port number that 3CX is using for the 3000 matches the port number for the PSTN in the 3000, it's default is 5061 so hopefully you've changed it to 5062.

Make sure that the string in dialplan 8 is exactly the way it should be. The 3000 is very much like the 3102, a few features are missing but most options transfer over. As a test, with an incoming call, plug a phone in the FXS port, does it by chance ring? If so then you are sending the calls to that port instead of VoIP and 3CX.

3. flaw

Hi Leejor, Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes the port was changed to 5062, the string in dail plan 8 is "(S0<:10000>)" (without the quota marks, the account of PSTN gateway was set to "10000" in 3CX side as well), when set Line 1 > Line Enable: to YES, and plug a phone to FXS port, can get the ring, when set to NO, there is no ring.

I posted the screen shot of the configuration, Please help to check again and see if any further information needed.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In PSTN to VoIP Gateway/PSTN Ring thru Line 1, set that to No, you don't want incoming calls going to the FXS port. If you are in North America, or any place that uses Bellcore CID then set FXO timer values/PSTN answer delay to at least 3 seconds.

Your User ID and Password will both be your trunk number. You can put the SPA3000 in the Display name. That will show up if there is no caller ID.

5. flaw

Thanks again, leejor. I changed the parameters as your guidance, and got nothing different.

in 3CX side the trunk sign is green, from the quoted log I can see the call was routed to the SPA-3000, but the SPA-3000 respond "Gone" or "Service Unavailable", I tried to call use another SIP client with command "sip:10000@192.168.0.198:5062" (that SPA-3000 IP address), and got the same answers.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the status page of the 3000 show the PSTN line as being Idle and registered?

This might help a bit, it gives a good description of the options and many are the same as the SPA3000...http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.steel/voip/SPA_Admn_3102.pdf

And this...http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_3000_guide.pdf

Or, go to this line and right click on the link to save the SPA3000 guide...http://www.xmarks.com/site/www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

It's also available here...http://www.thevoipconnection.com/Downloads/Linksys/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

7. flaw

I have this docement and did find any solution from it. anyway thank you for the kind help.

Trying now to check if the parameters of Impedance, Voltage and Gain will change something, but there are so many related parameters, and have to try and try and try...

8. flaw

Hi leejor, could you please let me know the electrical parameters info of your SPA-3102 or 3000? like the attached of mine. I link the SPA-3000 to a PBX FXS port, which I thought it should work but might be it is the reason of failure.

will be appriciated if someone else could provide the information as well.

Attached Files:

• info.jpg
      info.jpg
      File size:
      69.2 KB
      Views:
  9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The default settings should work in most cases in North America, outside NA there are a number of settings that have to conform to local phone companies.

So you are using the 3000 into a PBX, that changes a few things. It looks like this particular PBX has a lower voltage on the tip and ring of the line equipment, as is the case with many of them. Usually, from a telephone line, you'd expect about 48 volts. That would be the idle state of the line. When a set goes off hook that will drop. That voltage drop is what the 3000 or 3102 uses to determine if the line is already in use. If it is then the 3000 will not seize the line. Because your idle voltage appears to be 27 volts you need to lower the in use voltage to something lower than the default, maybe about 15 volts. You can pick up a phone on the same line and then check the line voltage that the 3000 sees, set the off-hook voltage a couple of volts above that.

I see that the Registration State is "Failed", I hope that it isn't this way when you are trying a call, that's not normal. You need to determine why it's failing and fix that. Does the 3CX log show the 3000 attempting to register?

10. flaw

Thanks leejor, after setting the FXO Port Impedance 900 and the Line-In-Use Voltage 25. it working perfectly now!

The Offical Configuration Guide mentiones "Note: The Linksys SPA3102 can either be set as a gateway OR as an ATA device. 3CX does not support the device when configured in both modes simultaneously.", but seems my SPA3000 works in both modes in parallel well, only need to change the Dial Plan of Line 1 to the defult (x.T) but not the guided [x*].

the SPA-3000 Regisration State shows registered only in case the User ID is set as the same to the Auth ID, (whatever Use Auth ID or not). which should be a liitle different to the Configuration Guide as well.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, no mater what the guide says, the 3000 and 3102 will function as two completely different devices (a gateway and an ATA)that happen to share an IP. As long as it is set up properly, they will not interact with each other. They can but when used with 3CX, you probably won't want that.

You will want to read up on, and then modify (customize) the dialplan to more suit your needs. It will speed up your calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.